[comp.sys.amiga] You'll never guess ...

donw@zehntel (Don White) (03/07/89)

     I saw an Amiga 2000 on a silly TV show called "You'll never guess my
 secret identity". They were using it to control a laser.  As they were
 preparing to use the laser, preferences came up.

     Are there any unusual features we should know about in AmigaDos?

     [Insert swampful of smileys here.]
     [I musta laughed for about five minutes. Firing a laser from pref ...]
     [HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!]

     Don White

abbadon@nuchat.UUCP (David Neal) (03/08/89)

In article <793@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:

>     I saw an Amiga 2000 on a silly TV show called "You'll never guess my
> secret identity". They were using it to control a laser.  As they were
> preparing to use the laser, preferences came up.
>
>     Don White

Isn't this one obvious?

The masked man preferred to remain secret.
He was just letting his preferences be known.

He was probably doing it by Logo/Lego remote control... too bad
they didn't have virusx 4.1. The perfect cure for
being infected by rug-rat driven lego blocks.

zlhb0a@apctrc.trc.amoco.com (Lawrence H. Brown) (03/18/89)

In article <4443@nuchat.UUCP> abbadon@nuchat.UUCP (David Neal) writes:
>In article <793@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:
>>
>>     I saw an Amiga 2000 on a silly TV show called "You'll never guess my
>> secret identity". They were using it to control a laser.  As they were
>> preparing to use the laser, preferences came up.

Sorry, Its called:  "My Secret Identity", you were quoting the first
line of the chorus.  Its a canadian show, I think.  The scientist,
Dr. Jeffcoat (Dr.J) uses an Amiga 2000.  Its been spotted in several
episodes.   I wonder if C-A Canada marketing helped get it in there...
they should teach our boys some things.

BTW, its one of my fav shows, for plain old fun.
CATS       ***NEW ACRONYM!!***  HOW ABOUT GERBILS ?!?!?
RATS    "Gladly Educating Real Beginners In Latest Software!"
DOGS   Lawrence H. Brown       USENET: ...!uunet!apctrc!zlhb0a
GOATS    (918-660-4389) USmail: 7325 E. 50th, Tulsa, OK 74145