 have a 2000), but my Amiga crashes every time.
From: jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu (Ja Vi eR  aC oS tA)

  I bought my Amiga 2000 almost a year and a half ago, and it's still
running on WB1.2 (and of course an earlier Kickstart -- Project D states
it needs v1.2 or greater).

 Does this mean I can't used Proj D?

 I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out on this one, I've
been growing impatient. Many thanks.

stan@hpcvca.HP.COM (Stan Gibbs) (03/11/89)

Try writing to Ben Fuller at the address given in the Project D manual.  He has
been very helpful in the past in my (now successful) attempts to backup
Starglider II.

Stan Gibbs

by air: stan@hp-pcd -- hplabs!hp-pcd!stan
by land: 2875 Spring Blvd., Eugene, OR, 97403
by C: stan *phone(503,344,7527);

Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) (03/11/89)

Well, I saw the people from Fuller (Project D) at AmiExpo, in NYC last
weekend.  OF COURSE they were VERY surprised when I told them TV Sports
Football didn't coy right and I also told them I was pissed at the
fact that Project D copies relatively nothing.  I had the same trouble
with TV Sports Footbal...it copied then when I tried to bott it up, I
got an I/O error. Ack..please excuse the typing.

Anyway, Project D is up to February something on thier parameter file.
Had I had my disk with me they would have copied over the older version
for me.  Looks like I'm gonna have to mail it to them and pay the $7.50.
I'm really not pleased about it...but what can you do?

Has anyone had any luck copying Indoor Sports???  It seems to be a very
vunerable program and I already had to bring it back to the dealer twice
cause the disk died.

I think all these companies that want to sell copy programs should have a
bulliten board set up for updates.  I'ld even pay an annual fee for it, IF
they promise to keep things up to date.  'What's the sense

in paying $35 dollars for a program that copies only about 5 of your disks??

Let's put some pressure on these companies to give us what we want!!!

Jasoni@cup.portal.com (Jason Joshua Irwin) (03/12/89)

has anyone had any luck with raw copy?
  i hear it copies about anything and you can do some really neat stuff
  if you know what a disk is supposed to look like to the drive.

|    Shall We Play A Game?          |Jason Irwin                  |
|                        -Joshua    |4528 Elfin Ave               |
|                       (WAR GAMES) |Jackson, MS 39209            |
| Usual discliamer:                 |CIS   : 71550,130            |
|             mom,I didn't do it!   |Plink : JasonI               |
|            I DON'T KNOW who did   |GEnie : JASONI               |
|                                   |Bitnet: Jasoni@cup.portal.com|

raw@mcnc.org (Russell Williams) (03/13/89)

In article <15686@cup.portal.com>, Jasoni@cup.portal.com (Jason Joshua Irwin) writes:
> has anyone had any luck with raw copy?
>   i hear it copies about anything and you can do some really neat stuff
>   if you know what a disk is supposed to look like to the drive.

	A friend of mine bought RawCopy (version # forgotten, 1.3  I think),
and we tried it out to see what it could do.  The advertisements say it
deprotects most programs.  Well, the only thing I saw it deprotect was
Workbench.  We tried it out on my store bought copy of Return to Atlantis,
and it didn't work.  We started testing older programs who were not as well
protected.  After it failed to deprotect Balance of Power, which Marauder
deprotected a year or two ago, we gave up.  It did not deprotect anything,
and furthermore, it could only copy a fraction of the programs Marauder
could handle.  From what I've seen, my friend was burned but bad by good 'ol
Rawcopy.
	However, this was just letting the program do it's stuff.  I have no
idea what it can do if you can analyze a disk, but if you can analyze a
disk well enough to write your own parameters, you probably don't need to
buy a copy program at all.

						Russell  Williams

hgm@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (03/13/89)

I am using QuickNibble. It is not flawless, but I am still surprised at the
number of things that it will back up. One of the people who wrote it was
Ben Fuller, of Project D fame. I have not used Project D, but the general
word I am hearing is that it is disappointing.

I was leafing through a british amiga magazine, and noticed that Datel is
now selling Marauder in europe. I remember the caption "Best selling
copy program in the US". Odd...

--hal

--
----------------
hgm@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu              "Everything is a reaction"

sft@ihlpa.ihlpa (Scott Thompson) (03/15/89)

Rawcopy is ok at best, it will not copy the newer discovery stuff.
Also the documentation is terrible, unless you know mucho about drives
already most of the "extra" features are useless.  I expected much
more from this program than what it deliverd!
--
  Scott Thompson (IHP 2A-428), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

       VOICE: (312)-416-4236     UUCP: ...!att!ihlpa!sft
  Scott Thompson (IHP 2A-428), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

       VOICE: (312)-416-4236     UUCP: ...!att!ihlpa!sft

sft@ihlpa.ihlpa (Scott Thompson) (03/15/89)

I forgot to mention Rawcopy will not copy itself either!

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (03/18/89)

In article <15654@cup.portal.com> Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) writes:
>Well, I saw the people from Fuller (Project D) at AmiExpo, in NYC last
>weekend.  OF COURSE they were VERY surprised when I told them TV Sports
>Football didn't coy right and I also told them I was pissed at the
>fact that Project D copies relatively nothing.  I had the same trouble
>with TV Sports Footbal...it copied then when I tried to bott it up, I
>got an I/O error. Ack..please excuse the typing.

The February version copies TV sports football. Use the parameter setting
for both disks.

Maybe you have a flakey drive? Do you use verify?

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  Who sometimes never learns.       {backbone site|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean

jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu (Ja Vi eR aC oS tA) (03/19/89)

In article <15654@cup.portal.com> Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) writes:
>Well, I saw the people from Fuller (Project D) at AmiExpo, in NYC last
>weekend.  OF COURSE they were VERY surprised when I told them TV Sports
>Football didn't coy right and I also told them I was pissed at the
>fact that Project D copies relatively nothing.  I had the same trouble
>with TV Sports Footbal...it copied then when I tried to bott it up, I
>got an I/O error. Ack..please excuse the typing.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 Yep, this was *exactly* what I was referring to in my original post ! I
 tried using virtually every option possible to copy TV Sports and got
 those same frustrating results (errors !). When I tried copying other
 stuff with it, it was as though the copy was just a regular AmigaDOS
 DISKCOPY, in other words, worthless.

 I have checked with someone and apparently my version was the newest..
 and even if it wasn't, it should have at least copied *some* of the
 software mentioned (especially non-recent things like InstantMusic!).

>in paying $35 dollars for a program that copies only about 5 of your disks??
>
>Let's put some pressure on these companies to give us what we want!!!

 Couldn't agree with you more! I have since returned the program, having
 a couple of ideas on what they could do with their 7 buckaroos!