[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaDos.....

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (03/19/89)

Hi fellow Amiga users....
 I know that there is a limit to how large an AmigaDos partition can be, but I
can't remember what it was. Does anyone know what the MAX size is for a
partition? Somewhere around 50Meg? And does this max size exist for both the
old file system and the new file system? I am formatting a new HD and would
like the partitions to be as large as can be. Thanks for any help!

	- Doug -
Doug_B_Erdely@Portal.Cup.Com

shadow@pawl.rpi.edu (Deven T. Corzine) (03/19/89)

In article <16013@cup.portal.com> Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com writes:
 >Hi fellow Amiga users....
 > I know that there is a limit to how large an AmigaDos partition can
 >be, but I can't remember what it was. Does anyone know what the MAX
 >size is for a partition? Somewhere around 50Meg? And does this max
 >size exist for both the old file system and the new file system? I am
 >formatting a new HD and would like the partitions to be as large as
 >can be. Thanks for any help!

No idea offhand about the OFS, but 50 Meg sounds like a fair guess.
Though it may be closer to 20 or 30 Meg.  I don't really know.  But
for FFS, you have have pretty huge partitions.  I think the limit is
on the order of a gigabyte or a hundred gigabytes or some such.  More
than your drive is likely to have; try the entire drive as one
partition.

Deven
--
------- shadow@pawl.rpi.edu ------- Deven Thomas Corzine ---------------------
Cogito  shadow@acm.rpi.edu          2346 15th Street            Pi-Rho America

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (03/20/89)

Maximum partition size:
OFS: ~54 meg
FFS: 2.2 gig (or 2.0 gig... depending on how you count your gigs :-)

-Tom
--
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
            Drew University -- Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389