[comp.sys.amiga] Mail-based servers

ade@cs.warwick.ac.uk (Ade Lovett) (03/10/89)

All this talk about FTP servers for Amiga stuff is very nice, but what about
those of us who do not have FTP access outside of our local machines, let
alone across the water...

Does anyone know of any mail-based servers which deal in Amiga PD???

Cheers,
	aDe

--
Ade Lovett (Department uh Computa' Science, Warwick University, UK)
UUCP : ...!mcvax!ukc!warwick!ade  ARPA : ade%warwick@cs.ucl.ac.uk

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (03/14/89)

ade@cs.warwick.ac.uk (Ade Lovett) wrote:
>Does anyone know of any mail-based servers which deal in Amiga PD???

I know of none at the moment.  There are at least three sites who are
independently working to get some kind of email-based server software
running, but nothing's available yet.

Maybe everyone is afraid to be the first...	:-)

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
Have five nice days.

hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu (03/20/89)

Written  4:12 pm  Mar 13, 1989 by page@swan.ulowell.edu in comp.sys.amiga:
> ade@cs.warwick.ac.uk (Ade Lovett) wrote:
> >Does anyone know of any mail-based servers which deal in Amiga PD???
>
> Maybe everyone is afraid to be the first...	:-)
> ..Bob
/* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.amiga */

Maybe everyone is afraid of pinning their mail machines to the ground...
			< Lionel
			  Moderator of the archive at UIUCUXE

Lionel Hummel					404 W. High St., #6
hummel@cs.uiuc.edu				Urbana, IL  61801
{pur-ee,uunet}!uiucdcs!hummel			(H)  (217)344-5303
Dept. of Computer Science			(W)  (217)333-7408
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign	BUX: lhummel