[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga in the news

kim@amdahl.UUCP (03/04/87)

[ Warning:  Foo(tm) is a Trademark of Fubar Co ... registration pending! ]

For balance, here is some positive information that was posted on
our internal conference.  NOTE THE LAST PARAGRAPH ... wonder what
"the EXCELLENT one [solution]" she mentions could be ...?

/kim

Commodore in the News
Quoted without permission from the Chicago Tribune

Thomas Rattigan, president and chief executive of Commodore
International Ltd., has moved the company several paces back from the
brink of bankruptcy.

Now, Rattigan is hoping that the company's new product announcements
Wednesday at the Hanover Fair in West Germany will convince critics
that the slow-selling queen of its product offerings, the Amiga, is
more than just a pretty face.

The proprietary Amiga line will gain a new model at the top, the 2000,
with an MS-DOS co-processor, and a low-priced machine with more memory,
the Amiga 500.

'The new Amiga 2000 will be what the machine should have been the first
time around,' a company spokesman said.

Amiga always has been given high marks for the beauty of its technology.
But the unattractivesness of the company's marketing efforts and
Amiga's price have not left sizzle marks on the shelves of computer
retailers who handled it.

Infocorp estimated that fewer than 400 retail computer stores carried
it in 1986, but Rattigan pointed out that the company had some success
getting into other specialty stores, such as Wurlitzer music centers
and Federated consumer electronics stores.

Rattigan said the company does not dispute published estimates that
about 150,000 units were sold from the products' introduction in
September 1985 until the end of 1986.

'Within the context of that achievement, we are not unhappy,' he said,
pointing to the market slump in that period.  The company had no
distribution channel and not much reservoir of good will among computer
retailers, not to mention the public's concern about the viability of
Commodore itself when Amiga came out.

'We were very close to the edge at that time.  Cash in the till was
tight,', Rattigan said.  'People were afraid of getting stuck with an
orphan, and we were in the midst of our worst losses and couldn't
afford to do any more than we did.'

'We were just trying to survive when Amiga was introduced,' Rattigan
said.

There were other problems as well.

'The software emulator was not up to its billing, and software titles
took much longer to get on the market than we expected,' he said.

Furthermore, the product was quickly labeled as being not powerful
enough for the business market but too expensive for the home market.

One retailer described it as machine for people who like computers,
not people who want to get work done.

But the improved Amiga is designed to make all those complaints disappear
--- the company hopes.

'We feel the new Amiga products will lift both volume and profits.'
Rattigan said.  'It has been reconfigured to give it business power.'

Coming from the man who took Commodore from its Wall Street death watch
to three straight quarters of profitability, the situation could be
worth watching.

The new products will get a one-month jump in the European market,
where the name Commodore carries quite a bit more clout, before
officially being introduced in the United States.

The bridge card, which is not included in the $1,200 to $1,500 price
being discussed for the machine (without a monitor), has an 8088 (XT)
chip on it.  An 80286 (AT) card will be available later, and Rattigan
said an 80386 card is 'on the way'.

In three to six months, according to Commodore product manager Gail
Wellington, software will be available to allow users to cut and paste
between MS-DOS and Amiga.  Until then, files from certain MS-DOS
programs, such as Lotus 1-2-3, can be transferred to some Amiga programs.

'It's a good solution, but not the EXCELLENT one we are planning for
the future,' Wellington said.  She said the 2000 will run all 1.2
version Amiga software.  On the MS-DOS side, every software program
tested has been compatible, as are all but one piece of hardware, an
add-on accelerator card, she said.

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,seismo,oliveb,cbosgd}!amdahl!kim

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

rokicki@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (02/27/88)

Breaking every copyright law in existence, but from the Times Tribune
(Palo Alto) on the top of page one, we find:

New system could be the ultimate in backseat driving!

SAN FRANCISCO--The California Department of Transportation and Radar
Control Systems Corp. on Thursday unveiled a prototype computer
attachment for vehicles that officials said could alleviate traffic
congestion and may even save lives.

The device consists of a radar antenna attached to the front of the
car that senses motion and an internally mounted computer that
``speaks'' to the driver and activates braking if necessary.

The system, known as LOOKOUT, will allow motorists to drive closer
together and allow for increased traffic flow, Caltrans interim
Director Donald L. Watson said during a news conference.

Caltrans heard about Radar Control Systems while searching for
solutions to traffic congestion and was impressed with the radar
device, Watson said.

``People can drive faster and closer, and we don't have to build
new freewyas . . . We can't build our way out of this situation,''
he explained.

``We know that there's a lot of space between cars.  Moving faster
at a closer distance is still safe, with this technology,'' Watson
said.

The Bay Area is facing one of the highest annual traffic increases
in the state at 27 percent, Watson said.  The Los Angelos area is
experiencing `only' a 15 percent increase, he added.

The radar system serves as a detection device for frontal traffic,
and if the driver doesn't respond in the usual 0.7 seconds, the
device will apply the brakes within 0.2 seconds, if necessary, John
Davis, the radar system's inventor, said.

The prototype displayed at the press conference was mounted in a
1977 Dodge Sportsman van.  inside, an Amiga computer terminal
displayed a video image of what was in front of the van through a
camera that was mounted on the dash.

When the vehicle came too close to another vehicle, building or
sign post, an automated voice would issue such commands as
``Watch it'' and ``Slow down.''

``The roads are nice, the cars are nice, but the driver needs help,''
Davis said.  ``This allows him to maintain a safety margin'' at
higher speeds.

The radar is capable of scanning 20,000 feet ahead of the car, but
will only emit a command or activate the brakes if it senses any
immediate danger, Davis said.

Davis estimated that the device could halve the number of traffic
accidents in California.

Davis has worked on the device full time for about five years at
Radar Control Systems.

Davis said he expects the system will be available for production
in about two years.  Current cost estimates range between $500 and
$1000 per car, depending on model and driver programming requests,
Davis said.

(Pictured is your basic two-drive 1000 with a 1080 monitor, strapped
down inside the van.)

-tom

jim@coplex.UUCP (Jim Sewell) (03/01/88)

Wouldn't the problem still exist with driving too closely?  It would still take
XX feet to stop a charging car traveling at YY mph.  Yes a computer can react
more quickly than a person, but .2 seconds is trivial when you need 30 feet to
stop and the car in front of you is only 20 feet away! :-)  I think people are
trying to make computers do things they are not suited for.  Wonder what
comp.risks has to say about this.....

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/03/88)

In article <2089@polya.STANFORD.EDU>, rokicki@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:

> New system could be the ultimate in backseat driving!
>
> [ ... ]
>
> The system, known as LOOKOUT, will allow motorists to drive closer
> together and allow for increased traffic flow, Caltrans interim
> Director Donald L. Watson said during a news conference.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Davis said he expects the system will be available for production
> in about two years.  Current cost estimates range between $500 and
> $1000 per car, depending on model and driver programming requests,
> Davis said.

And you think liability insurance for doctors is high?  It'll be out of
sight for any programmers foolish enough to put their name on the code
that is *supposed* to make this device work!

I can just see legal debates over de-referencing pointers, 16 vs. 32 bit
ints, and the like, when the driver that just plowed into a school bus
says something like, "But your Honor, it was supposed to apply the breaks
for me ... not go 'Guru ... Guru ... Guru' on me!"

I hope you forwarded a copy of this to "comp.risks", Tom ...

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (03/04/88)

In article <379@coplex.UUCP>, jim@coplex.UUCP (Jim Sewell) writes:

> Wouldn't the problem still exist with driving too closely?  It would still take
> XX feet to stop a charging car traveling at YY mph.  Yes a computer can react
> more quickly than a person, but .2 seconds is trivial when you need 30 feet to
> stop and the car in front of you is only 20 feet away! :-)  I think people are
> trying to make computers do things they are not suited for.  Wonder what
> comp.risks has to say about this.....

One would assume that it would be possible to get the computer to factor
in speed and vary the following distance accordingly.  Depending on what
the driver is doing (you wouldn't *believe* what I see some people doing
on the road during the morning commute...on the other hand, maybe some of
you *are* those people), the time lag for getting on the binders might be
well over a second or two.

Remember also that the car in front is moving too; if they were immobile,
things could get very sticky very fast.  One could hope for an effective
warning from the system as it says "Here! *You* take it!" before it goes
away to cower.

> I think people are trying to make computers do things they are not
> suited for.

I thought computers were suited for tasks requiring fast reactions and
a resistance to boredom and doping off.  A backup would seem to be a
useful item.  On the other hand, there are those who would abdicate
responsibility for their driving.

Me use a system like that?  You've got to be kidding!  I don't drive a
car, I ride a motorcycle (or bicycle) and have to stay awake just to
make sure that sleeping idiots in Cadillacs don't get me.  I don't
trust them, much less hypothetical safety equipment that they've
probably either forgotten to turn on or bypassed because it caused them
some inconvenience.

pds@quintus.UUCP (Peter Schachte) (03/04/88)

In article <379@coplex.UUCP>, jim@coplex.UUCP (Jim Sewell) writes:
> Wouldn't the problem still exist with driving too closely?  It would still take
> XX feet to stop a charging car traveling at YY mph.

No.  If you assume that both cars (the one in front in a panic stop and
the one in back trying not to plow into him) have equally good stopping
distances, then reaction time is the determining factor.  If you're one
foot behind another car that goes into a panic stop, and you brake just
as hard as he does, you wouldn't hit him.  (No, I wouldn't try it,
either, but it makes sense in theory).

It seems to me that what a program like this should consider in
determining whether or not to apply the brakes is not just distance
from another vehicle, but RELATIVE VELOCITY.  If another car is 100
yards away, but headed at you at 110 relative miles per hour (he's
in the wrong lane), you probably want to be warned sooner than if he 20
feet from you, but going at the same speed.  The program should
probably know it's reaction time, though, and your current speed, and
raise an alarm if another car gets so close it couldn't stop in time if
he brakes.
--
-Peter Schachte
pds@quintus.uucp

pdg@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Paul Gootherts) (03/05/88)

I'm driving down the street at a reasonable speed with a reasonable
distance between me and the car ahead.  Suddenly, said car swerves right
revealing another car ahead of it *stopped* and waiting to turn left.

Has this ever happened to you?  When it happens to me I have to decide
if I can safely brake to a complete stop in that distance and if not,
whether I can safely swerve right (behind the guy who did it to me) or
whether I'm in even deeper trouble.

Question:  What will this device do in a situation like this?  I'm
afraid slamming on the brakes isn't always the thing to do to avoid an
accident.

-Paul Gootherts   hplabs!hpda!pdg

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (03/07/88)

fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
>In article <379@coplex.UUCP>, jim@coplex.UUCP (Jim Sewell) writes:
>>
>> Wouldn't the problem still exist with driving too closely?  It would still take
>> XX feet to stop a charging car traveling at YY mph.  Yes a computer can react
>> more quickly than a person, but .2 seconds is trivial when you need 30 feet to
>> stop and the car in front of you is only 20 feet away! :-)  I think people are
>> trying to make computers do things they are not suited for.  Wonder what
>> comp.risks has to say about this.....
>
>One would assume that it would be possible to get the computer to factor
>in speed and vary the following distance accordingly.  Depending on what
>the driver is doing (you wouldn't *believe* what I see some people doing
>on the road during the morning commute...on the other hand, maybe some of
>you *are* those people), the time lag for getting on the binders might be
>well over a second or two.
>
>Remember also that the car in front is moving too; if they were immobile,
>things could get very sticky very fast.  One could hope for an effective
>warning from the system as it says "Here! *You* take it!" before it goes
>away to cower.
>
>> I think people are trying to make computers do things they are not
>> suited for.
>
>I thought computers were suited for tasks requiring fast reactions and
>a resistance to boredom and doping off.  A backup would seem to be a
>useful item.  On the other hand, there are those who would abdicate
>responsibility for their driving.
>
>Me use a system like that?  You've got to be kidding!  I don't drive a
>car, I ride a motorcycle (or bicycle) and have to stay awake just to
>make sure that sleeping idiots in Cadillacs don't get me.  I don't
>trust them, much less hypothetical safety equipment that they've
>probably either forgotten to turn on or bypassed because it caused them
>some inconvenience.

An interesting idea!  What happens to a car equiped with such device
encounters a motorcycle or car that cuts into you in?

The only advantages I see are when everyone is equiped you might not have
multicar pileups in fog or clear weather and if you stayed off the brakes you
and everyone else could go sailing by accidents that everyone just loves to
slow down now and look at - sheesh.

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com

sin@thelink.UUCP (Mike Wiggins) (03/08/88)

 I was just watching CNN and they were demonstrating (sp?) desktop video.
Guess on what computer, The Amiga of course....
 They showed Gemlock and Deluxe Video. Someone from EA was there showing
off there program. They had this cool Gargoyl (excuse the spelling again)
animation. Way to go C/A!!!!!

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (03/09/88)

In this month's Music Technology magazine, Laurie Spiegel defends her
request that Music Mouse be credited on any work of music produced
with it.  The reviewer argued that since she used parts of the Amiga's
ROM, she should credit it, along with Dale Luck, Bob Pariseau, etc, in
her manual.

Anyway, it was interesting to see some familiar names, and good to
see the Amiga plugged in the music press.

Also, MCS (Music Computers Software) magazine this month has a lot of
ads for Amiga-related stuff, as well as an article on Desktop Video
with the A500/A2000.  You won't learn anything by reading the article,
but at least there's some exposure!

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"I don't know such stuff.  I just do eyes."  -- from 'Blade Runner'

thomson@utah-cs.UUCP (Richard A Thomson) (03/09/88)

There is a short article on the Amiga 500 in the New York Times today
(Tuesday, March 8th).  The article is your basic "look at this computer"
type of article.  He mentions Workbench, the Say command, windows, etc.
He doesn't rag on the Amiga for this or that, but takes the even-headed
attitude of "don't worry if things seem confusing; it's just because you've
got a powerful tool" which is refreshing.

He mentions Multi-Tasking "which may seem like a gimmick at first, but you'll
eventually wonder how you lived without it."!  The next article will focus
on programs for the 500.  Great to see the NYT doing this!
						Rich Thomson

morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) (03/10/88)

In article <6080003@hpcupt1.HP.COM> pdg@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Paul Gootherts) writes:
>I'm driving down the street at a reasonable speed with a reasonable
>distance between me and the car ahead.  Suddenly, said car swerves right
>revealing another car ahead of it *stopped* and waiting to turn left.

I heard of a device a couple of years ago which was designed to handle
this problem.  It had a computer sensor system like the current thing,
but rather than putting on the breaks as the current one does it would
fire two retro-rockets mounted to the front of the car.  I don't think
I heard what eventually happened to this device.

>-Paul Gootherts   hplabs!hpda!pdg

--
Morgan Jones - Bramalea Software Inc.        morgan@brambo.UUCP
      ...!{uunet!mnetor!lsuc!ncrcan, utgpu!telly}!brambo!morgan

jtm@ncs-med.UUCP (John T. McGibbon) (03/11/88)

[..zzzzz...]

Seems that everyone's getting into the act....

In the Mar. 10th edition of the Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN),
coincidentally on the eve of the eve of the local Amiga Faire, the
variety sections cover had four 3-D renderings produced by Byte by
Byte's Sculpt 3-D on the Ami.

The article was a diatribe on how computer graphics had evolved in
the past few years from "simple pie charts, blueprints and choppy
video animations" to small computers that can do shading, shadows,
reflections, etc.  The Ami was mentioned all over the piece.

Good to see some mass exposure to a computer that I have been raving
about for the past two years.

--
UUCP: jtm@ncs-med.UUCP	-or-  ...{siesmo!rutgers}!umn-cs!ems!pwcs!ncs-med!jtm
John T. McGibbon              -jtm- (612) 936-8505

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (03/11/88)

A week or so ago, I was in Palo Alto, California on a business trip.  With
nothing much to do in the motel room in the morning, I turned on CNN.  Lo
and behold, there was a feature on the Gait Lab at Ohio State University,
Columbus, Ohio.  "Yawn," you say?  Au contraire!

They showed how the researchers are using infrared cameras to track the
motion of patients' joints as they walk (they tape small reflective balls
to the joints).  Then, they use a computer to display the motion in a
"stick figure" mode.  I did a double-take when I first saw the graphics,
because the screen had several windows open on a blue background, and the
top of the windows was a fat line. . .

Sure enough, they are using Amigas!  (Looked like A2000s, from what I could
see.)  It's nice to see our favorite computer being used to help people
overcome their handicaps!

					Steve Rice

* Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! *
new: stever@videovax.tv.Tek.com
old: {decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever

jim@coplex.UUCP (Jim Sewell) (03/15/88)

In article <333@brambo.UUCP> morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) writes:
>In article <6080003@hpcupt1.HP.COM> pdg@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Paul Gootherts) writes:
>>I'm driving down the street at a reasonable speed with a reasonable
>>distance between me and the car ahead.  Suddenly, said car swerves right
>>revealing another car ahead of it *stopped* and waiting to turn left.
>
>I heard of a device a couple of years ago which was designed to handle
>this problem.  It had a computer sensor system like the current thing,
>but rather than putting on the breaks as the current one does it would
>fire two retro-rockets mounted to the front of the car.  I don't think
>I heard what eventually happened to this device.

I heard about that too.  They  had to scrap the project because although the
rockets would slow you down in time, they had a nasty side effect of melting
the car in front of you from the extreme heat. 8-)

"May we all break free of our inhibitions     _____   ____   ___  mit-eddie!
and enjoy mutual respect, peace, and love       /    /      <___  bloom-beacon!
in the world!"                                 /    <____   ____> coplex!jim
				           \__/  J.C. Sewell

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (08/29/88)

We have been mentioned favorably!
In this Sunday's Providence Sunday Journal I saw a syndicated column by
Brit Hume of ABC News.  It is a regulare home computer column.  He talks about
the IBM and Apple II (?!?) but then says, "If you're not hooked on an IBM
or Apple already, get an Amiga 500...Shopping around you can get an Amiga 500
with 512K, an 880K 3.5" drive, and a monitor for $850...It's color and sound
blows the doors off anything else...The Amiga now has a good amount of
business software so you'll be able to get plenty of work done...It has
has a multitasking system..."

He also mentioned how BYTE, in a review of of Multitasking, listed the Amiga
OS as retailing for $1995, convienntly forgetting to mention that the price
includes the computer.

* Rich Carreiro                 "MIT isn't Hell.  It's where you go when      *
* rlcarr@athena.mit.edu          you've been bad in Hell." - Anon.            *

Lee_-_Wells@cup.portal.com (09/03/88)

Yes, It's true!
Commodore actually advertizes!
I have recently witnessed several times, A two page color ad in
USA today for the Amiga!
I don't understand commodore tho. They barely advertize Amigas. this is
the only ad I have seen in a long time. Exposure is money commodore!
about the only advertizing amiga gets is word of mouth. thats good but
not enough. commodore need to get off their hind ends and do some serious
pushing of their products.

Lee Wells

johnm@trsvax.UUCP (09/08/88)

>I don't understand commodore tho. They barely advertize Amigas. this is
>the only ad I have seen in a long time. Exposure is money commodore!

It all depends on where you look.  Adds by Commodore and various dealers
dominate the pages in VideoMaker and Video magazines.

This is not to say that I too wouldn't like to see more ads.

John Munsch

spencer@eris.berkeley.edu (Randal m. Spencer [RmS]) (09/09/88)

Yep!  I was slightly shocked to see the other day an Amiga ad in
(what was it...) MIX magazine (I think).  Full two page spread telling
all those recording studio engineers to go out and buy an Amiga
cause it works like a musician thinks (I always thought it worked
better than that).

Sure beats telling all of us who alreadly know how good it is.

"He who dies with the most toys... is dead"
Randy Spencer      P.O. Box 4542   Berkeley  CA  94704        (415)222-7595
spencer@mica.berkeley.edu        I N F I N I T Y         BBS: (415)222-9416
..ucbvax!mica!spencer            s o f t w a r e                  AAA-WH1M

In article <14035@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> spencer@eris.berkeley.edu (Randal m. Spencer [RmS]) writes:
>Yep!  I was slightly shocked to see the other day an Amiga ad in
>(what was it...) MIX magazine (I think).  Full two page spread telling
>all those recording studio engineers to go out and buy an Amiga
>cause it works like a musician thinks (I always thought it worked
>better than that).

This is part of the campaign that targets all "music" oriented magazines.
This month the two-page Amiga ad was also in MSC's (Music Computers and
Software) back of the front page (the first thing one reads after
opening the magazine).  Both MCS and Electronic Musician have run "rave"
reviews of the Amiga music capbilities and the usefulness of its
"multi-tasking" capabilities.  Like having a sequencer, multiple librarians,
and music composition and printing programs all in memory and running at the
same time.

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
 "There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Diga!" -- Leo Schwab [quoting Rick Unland]

whitcomb@unicorn.Berkeley.EDU (Gregg Whitcomb) (09/09/88)

Yet another ad for the Amiga:

About a month ago, I saw a full page Amiga ad in Advertising Age
(a weekly for marketing types, which I'm not).  Anyway, it was very
similar to a CBM brochure which shows a cereal-like box with
the word SNAP! on it... 10 or so versions of the Box with different colors
are displayed (trying to "please the customer").  Finally, the end result
turns out to be identical to the first version.  I understand the message
to be how simple it is to make major artwork changes when using the Amiga.
I saw the same ad on a poster at a local Amiga computer store.

-Gregg Whitcomb

GIGUERE@WATCSG.BITNET (Eric Giguere) (03/21/89)

The Toronto Star (a Toronto daily distributed throughout southern Ontario
--- 3 or 4 million people in the area) has an arts section/magazine
that comes out in the Saturday edition.  Last Saturday the centrespread
was a feature about an artist `discovering' the computer... which
computer? The Amiga of course.... the article is written in the 1st
person and I thought I'd relay a few choice quotes:

"Get a Mac, said one enthusiast.  It was great for word processing
and ran some good graphics programs, like MacPaint, but at the time,
not in color.  The highly praised Mac2 which now runs the most
sophisticated color programs available, hadn't yet come on the market,
and the monitor seemed too small.  New hardware and software were coming
out weekly, and no matter what equipment I decided on, something new
and improved was about to render it obsolete.  Try the Atari, someone
suggested.  How much K do you need? asked another.  I stood bewildered
in stores not knowing how much K I needed.

"Then I read about the Amiga.  I discovered that in addition to the
standard word processing and data base programs, it ran flexible color
graphics programs for visual artists at reasonable cost.  There was even
an endorsement from Andy Warhol.  I took the plunge and bought one."

He talks a bit about being a neophyte and gradually becoming experienced,
then gets into details...

"I fould DeLuxe Paint II quite straightforward.  Simply put, it lets you
do with images what a word processing program lets you do with words ---
that is, you can create an original image by drawing lines, dots and
shapes of varying thicknesses with the mouse or with a pencil on a slate
called Easyl.  With a program called Digiview, you can import an image
from another source --- photo, slide, TV screen, or real life.  You can
edit the image: resize it, stretch it vertically or horizontally..." etc.
(Talks about the many things you can do and all the colours to choose
from.)

After this he talks about how he used his Amiga to create the opening
sequence for the Genie awards (like the U.S. Emmy awards, for you
Americans) that will be shown on one of the networks here this week....

All in all, it was a pretty upbeat article, good exposure for the Amiga.
Even included a picture of the artist (Charles Pachter) seated in front
of his Amiga (a 1000, by the way).

Eric Giguere
Computer Systems Group, University of Waterloo

BITNET: GIGUERE@WATCSG         Other: giguere@watcsg.UWaterloo.CA
UUNET : watcsg!giguere@uunet.UU.NET