[comp.sys.amiga] Graphics on PRT: device

stern@cisunx.UUCP (Eric G. Stern) (03/20/89)

Hi,
    I'm looking for a way I can print a graphics bitmap onto a
printer without using printer-specific escape codes.  It seems that
ProWrite does this because it writes in graphics mode on whatever
printer is selected in Preferences.  Black and white would be OK, but
it would be interesting to also use the gray-scale option in
Preferences to write color images.

				Thanks,
				Eric Stern
				Physics, University of Pittsburgh

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (03/21/89)

In article <16900@cisunx.UUCP> stern@cisunx.UUCP (Eric G. Stern) writes:
>Hi,
>    I'm looking for a way I can print a graphics bitmap onto a
>printer without using printer-specific escape codes.  It seems that
>ProWrite does this because it writes in graphics mode on whatever

Open the printer.device as an exec device, and use the
PDumpRPort call.

See the Rom Kernal Manuals for details :-)
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"The salesperson said this computer is the next best thing to sliced
 bread, but didn't say what to do about the crumbs in the disk drive."