[comp.sys.amiga] Another Little Smalltalk Port?

iphwk%MTSUNIX1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Bill Kinnersley) (03/12/89)

[In "Manx 3.6a question", Erik Bennett said:]
:
: I am working on a Little Smalltalk port for the amiga.  As soon as I get
: it running, version 3 will be released.
:
: Erik Bennett            Internet: bennete@ulysses.cs.orst.edu
:
Don't spend too much time on it Erik, it was done two years ago.
Take a look at Fish Disk 37.

--
--Bill Kinnersley
  Physics Department   Montana State University    Bozeman, MT 59717

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (03/13/89)

    Well, that makes three little Smalltalk ports that I'm aware of.  I
know that Dave Brown of Bellingham also did one some time ago.     -LH

darin@nova.laic.uucp (Darin Johnson) (03/22/89)

In article <10651@louie.udel.EDU> iphwk%MTSUNIX1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Bill Kinnersley) writes:
>: I am working on a Little Smalltalk port for the amiga.  As soon as I get
>: it running, version 3 will be released.
>:
>: Erik Bennett            Internet: bennete@ulysses.cs.orst.edu
>:
>Don't spend too much time on it Erik, it was done two years ago.
>Take a look at Fish Disk 37.

Actually, keep working.  I believe that FF 37 was for Little Smalltalk
version 1.  Version 2 is lots smaller and has quite a few changes
(I can't really say if it is faster or not).  Adding Amiga support
would be great.  Don't go whole hog like XLisp does (can call any
library routine, but hard to write and gurus frequently) but get
a nice framework for adding Amiga style classes - such as support
for message ports.

Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	Can you "Spot the Looney"?