[comp.sys.amiga] Bug report in RELABEL command.

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) (03/22/89)

Hello Users:

    I have new offical AmigaDOS 1.3 for Amiga 500. When I relabeled my
diskette while current working directory is old label that had redefined.
Then, I removed my diskette from my amiga 500 and insert another diskette
but system requestor want my previous diskette badly repeatly each a second.
I decided inserted my previous diskette and problems went away. Then, I
removed my same diskette from Amiga drive but the system requestor did the
same again! I decided to CD to other directory and what happens! The problems
went away after I CDed. Later, I decided to relabel my other diskette and
it resulted the same! I felt that it have a real BUG! This is a bug report.
I cold booted my entire Amiga by using switch on power supply. I tried that
but it resulted the same!

Commodore: if you read this, please fix this bug for next version of AmigaDOS.
           Thanks.

-- Tim Stark

Timothy Stark          |   Bitnet:      11tstark@gallua.bitnet           VMS
Gallaudet University   |   Internet:    11tstark@gallux.gallaudet.edu    UNIX
P.O. Box 1453          |   GEnie:       T.STARK1
Washington, DC 20002   |   People/Link: OCS130
U.S.A.                 |   QuantumLink: TimS18
Earth                  |   "Gallaudet University is the only university for
Solar System           |    the deaf in the world."
Milky Way              |

mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (03/23/89)

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) writes:
> Hello Users:
>
>     I have new offical AmigaDOS 1.3 for Amiga 500. When I relabeled my
> diskette while current working directory is old label that had redefined.
> Then, I removed my diskette from my amiga 500 and insert another diskette
> but system requestor want my previous diskette badly repeatly each a second.
> I decided inserted my previous diskette and problems went away. Then, I
> removed my same diskette from Amiga drive but the system requestor did the
> same again! I decided to CD to other directory and what happens! The problems
> went away after I CDed. Later, I decided to relabel my other diskette and
> it resulted the same! I felt that it have a real BUG! This is a bug report.

I think you have a case where the current directory is on a disk, and
you remove that disk from the drive.  Anything that will need to check
the current directory will result in a requester asking you to put
that disk back in the drive, since the current directory is not
accessible.  The problem went away when you changed to a directory on
a different device.

It's not a bug, but just some potentially confusing behavior on the
part of AmigaDOS, especially if you are used to the behavior of MS-DOS
and the like.

--
Michael Portuesi / Information Technology Center / Carnegie Mellon University
INET:   mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu / BITNET: mp1u+@andrew

	"You just don't get off a spaceship and run." --Avon