[comp.sys.amiga] Yet anothe Entry in the 1.4 Wish List...

STU00@vx.acss.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) (03/22/89)

Here are a couple of things that would be nice....

	A way to shuffle the disk icons INFRONT of windows on the workbench!
	(ie, it gets REAL anoying to have to keep resizing and sliding CLI
	 or even disk/drawer windows around so I can get to a disk to open
	 it!  It gets even worse when you have a window open that will
	 not resize and covers the entire screen)  Perhaps we could put
	 a depth gadget on the disk icon (snicker) or maybe put all the
	 disk icons in their own window.

	Scrolling CLI windows/text windows.  I think this is a MUST.

						Cheers,
						Stuart
!    "Time has no respect for man's vanity. We hold the keys -     !
!	       we are the caretakers of insanity."		   !
!								   !
!			Magnum, Wings over Heaven		   !
!								   !
!					Stuart Stanley		   !
!					STU00@UMNACVX		   !
!					U of Mn, Twin Cities	   !

u-jmolse%sunset.utah.edu@wasatch.UUCP (John M. Olsen) (03/23/89)

In article <11371@louie.udel.EDU> STU00@vx.acss.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) writes:

>Here are a couple of things that would be nice....
>
>	A way to shuffle the disk icons INFRONT of windows on the workbench!

With the current setup this may not be too hard.  Just turn them all into
bobs like when they're being dragged around.  This would probably be a
Bad Thing though, because they would be able to get in front of things in
a much more annoying way.

>	 Perhaps we could put
>	 a depth gadget on the disk icon (snicker) or maybe put all the
>	 disk icons in their own window.

They are already in their own window.  It just happens to be a BACKDROP
window with no resize gadgets.  Has anyone tried hacking the workbench
window into being non-backdrop and  resizable with front/back gadgets?
This should be doable by bit twiddling in the executable.

>	Scrolling CLI windows/text windows.  I think this is a MUST.

This would be nice.  Like mentioned by someone else, this would also make
it easy to cut-n-paste text as a new way to repeat commands.

>						Stuart

/\/\ /|  |    /||| /\|       | John M. Olsen, 1547 Jamestown Drive  /\/\
\/\/ \|()|\|\_ |||.\/|/)@|\_ | Salt Lake City, UT  84121-2051       \/\/
/\/\  |  u-jmolse%ug@cs.utah.edu or ...!utah-cs!utah-ug!u-jmolse    /\/\
\/\/             "A full mailbox is a happy mailbox"                \/\/