[comp.sys.amiga] Printer preferences.

840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) (03/23/89)

Maybe I'm just stupid, but is there some document that properly explains the
1.3 graphics options that have been added to 1.3's printer preferences? I
don't have 1.3 yet, but I bought Excellence! and it has a beta of the 1.3
preferences. I'm wondering specifically about dithering, scaling, and density.
My text and pictures are printing out in a less than satisfactory condition.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

...BillyBob.
--
Bill Nickerson    | UUCP   : {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!840493n
Acadia University | BITNet : 840493n@Acadia

amiga@athena.mit.edu (MITAUG Staff) (03/24/89)

In article <1694@aucs.UUCP> 840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) writes:

>Maybe I'm just stupid, but is there some document that properly explains the
>1.3 graphics options that have been added to 1.3's printer preferences? I
>don't have 1.3 yet, but I bought Excellence! and it has a beta of the 1.3
>preferences. I'm wondering specifically about dithering, scaling, and density.
>My text and pictures are printing out in a less than satisfactory condition.
>Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
>
>...BillyBob.
>--

	The small manual that comes with the 1.3 kit explains the new
additions to the printer drivers for 1.3.  A number of magazines have
also highlighted "what's new" with the drivers ... the only one that
comes to mind is Amiga World which had an article on this topic
towards the end of last year.

Ric Carreras
ARPA:  carreras@lees.mit.edu
BIX: carreras

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (03/25/89)

In article <1694@aucs.UUCP> 840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) writes:

>Maybe I'm just stupid, but is there some document that properly explains the
>1.3 graphics options that have been added to 1.3's printer preferences? I
>don't have 1.3 yet, but I bought Excellence! and it has a beta of the 1.3
>preferences. I'm wondering specifically about dithering, scaling, and density.
>My text and pictures are printing out in a less than satisfactory condition.
>Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

	You really should pick up a copy of the V1.3 Enhancer manual and
disks.  They contain the OFFICIAL V1.3 release and not any beta or gamma
releases.  Contained in the V1.3 Enhancer manual is a 18 page section
all about printer drivers, preferences, etc.