[comp.sys.amiga] Bridgeboard HELP!!!!

fox@bek-mc.caltech.edu (Jim Fox) (03/27/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga,comp.sys.amiga.tech
Subject: Bridgeboard HELP!!!!
Expires:

	I have got a problem and I need help as soon as I can get it.
This is specifically aimed at CATS, but anyone is welcome to
respond.
	I have convinced a local (Los Angeles area) retailer to loan
my place of employment an A2000, with an AT Bridgeboard in it.
The Amiga side works fine, The Bridgeboard doesn't. The reason for the
loan is to test some in-house software/hardware with the AT CPU, and
see if we can develop a hybrid system using the amiga to network to
a mainframe and the AT to do data acqusition.  Without the AT
functional the reason for the loan is moot, and the chances of our
getting such a system are close to nil.
	So, I need help fast in getting the bridgeboard problems fixed.
The retailer is not much help, they don't understand the IBM
applications, they are also over an hours drive away, so it is not
a simple matter to arrange a swap.
	Here is the problem, when I open the PC window, it boots the
first time, but won't let me boot the color window equivalent to the
IBM CGA device.  The dealer did not load all the MS-DOS commands onto
the harddisk so I don't have a "mode" command to change from mono to
color.  I can read a disk once, then one of a number of errors
happens, either it tells me disk 0 configuration is wrong, or it
writes junk to the screen and hangs, or it tells me "keyboard error
51".  Periodically it also says " Parity error on main circuit
board".  It then will try to reboot, it will then repeat these errors,
or it will hang partway into the boot sequence and not go anywhere.
I can usually reboot the whole machine with the Amiga reboot sequence,
but the bridgeboard is still hung.  Checking inside the machine I have
found that connector J14 (the video connector) lacks a jumper, which
could explain the CGA problems.  I tried to wire wrap the two pins for
color togther with wire, but it doesn't seem to help.  Is there anything
else I can do or check?  I have worked long and hard to get this
opportunity to demo the Amiga here and I don't want it ruined by
something stupid like somebody not configuring the board correctly.
	I am not sure if my work phone # is in my .signature file,
I will include it here, but please only call if you really have
something useful to suggest.  Is anyone at CATS listening??? HELP!
	ph (818) 356-3642/6824

			/   fox@bek-mc.caltech.edu
		  	/   or J. Fox
			/   Division of Biology 216-76