[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 'C' Upgrade Policy?

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (03/27/89)

   Does anyone know what Lattice's policy is on upgrades if you still have
the ORIGINAL first release?  I switched to Aztec for a while, but since
following the newsgroups, I'd like to give 5.02 a try.	If you've skipped
the multitude of bug fixes, patches and upgrades do you have to pay full
price (beyond my budget right now)?  I don't mind paying for good
enhancements, but I very much oppose paying for bug fixes.  Any info
would be appreciated.                                    \_
                                                          `\_            _/
                                                          `/)\_     _   //
        __ _____________________________________________   `\\)\_  / '~//
       ///  Julie Petersen  (LadyHawke@cup.portal.com      `\\//\\/|'//'
      ///         Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com)        (\/Yyyy/'
__   ///  "TimeLords aren't supposed to interfere."         /Yyyy/'
\\\ ///  "This one calls himself 'Doctor' and interferes   //\\   LadyHawke
 \\///   all the time." _______________________________   ///\\\

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) (03/28/89)

In article <16281@cup.portal.com> Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:

>   Does anyone know what Lattice's policy is on upgrades if you still have
>the ORIGINAL first release?  I switched to Aztec for a while, but since
		< rest deleted >

I recently upgraded to 5.02 from the 2.01 release that I have been using
for two years.  Send them $100 and a Xerox of the original disk (or the
disk itself, if you wish), and back comes 5.02 - a very reasonable price
for what you get in the new version.

		Phil Stone	 (phil@eos.arc.nasa.gov / ames!eos!phil)

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (03/30/89)

In article <16281@cup.portal.com> Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:
>If you've skipped
>the multitude of bug fixes, patches and upgrades do you have to pay full
>price (beyond my budget right now)?  I don't mind paying for good
>enhancements, but I very much oppose paying for bug fixes.  Any info
>would be appreciated.                                    \_

Lattice has a very liberal upgrade policy.  You should be able to get a
substantial reduction over the full price, but keep in mind that you now
get the source-level debugger, editor, text utilities and so forth as well
as a MUCH MUCH better compiler (and global optimizer).  I'm not sure what
the upgrade price is, but call Lattice tech support and they can tell you.