[comp.sys.amiga] Amigas in Process Control

KENNEDAM%WWPS@dupont.com (Tony Kennedy) (03/24/89)

Hi all,
	I was wondering if anybody out there is actively using the Amiga
for any type of Process Control applications. With the new serial port boards
available it should be easy to do all kinds of control/data acquisition.

			...Just wondering

/                                                                         /|
>------------------------------------------------------------------------< |
|                      | Disclaimer:           |                         | |
|    Tony Kennedy      | What I say and what   |      ///                | |
|  Project Engineer    | my employer say are   |     /// AMIGA           | |
|   Setpoint, Inc.     | two different things. | \\\/// The computer     | |
|                      | So don't get them     |  \XX/ For the best      | |
|                      | confused.             |      of us.             | |
| INTERNET : kennedam%wwps%dupont.com@relay.cs.net                       | |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------< |
| A computer can make as many mistakes in 20 seconds as 20 men working   | |
| for 20 years.                                                          | |

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (03/30/89)

In article <11470@louie.udel.EDU> KENNEDAM%WWPS@dupont.com (Tony Kennedy) writes:
>Hi all,
>	I was wondering if anybody out there is actively using the Amiga
>for any type of Process Control applications. With the new serial port boards
>available it should be easy to do all kinds of control/data acquisition.

Sure multiple serial ports help. But wouldn't it be nice to do 150K per second
or more over GPIB? Or maybe 32 channels of DACs or ADCs? Or loads of digital
input/output lines? Or more parallel ports? Or..Or...

Process Control is why we designed the Twin-X Universal I/O board for the
A2000. Give us a call for more info.

--
                        Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc.
ARPA: madnix!perry@cs.wisc.edu   {uunet|ncoast}!marque!