[comp.sys.amiga] F-16 Falcon

mdh@cs.warwick.ac.uk (Mark Holroyd) (03/08/89)

	Thankyou all for the helpful comments about Falcon - however it would
appear to me that the version you have in America is different to the version
we recieved over here. My version does not ask for a passwd to get into the
game, instead it appears to be able to work out whether it is a copy or not
(how it does this I do not know and if anyone has any ideas please tell me)
before the 2nd disk is accessed.
	It is a game well worth buying but I do feel that it was rather
thoughtless of Spectrum-Holobyte to supply the game in such a way that those
of us who have bought and enjoy it cannot make backups so as to protect our
*investment*.
	By the way has anyone any idea of a bit copier ? Alternatively how
would I go about writing one ?
	Anyway enuf of my inane drivel.
		Mark.

ockenden@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (Paul T Ockenden) (03/30/89)

In article <1498@ubu.warwick.UUCP> mdh@cs.warwick.ac.uk (Mark Holroyd) writes:

>	Thankyou all for the helpful comments about Falcon - however it would
>appear to me that the version you have in America is different to the version
>we recieved over here.
>	It is a game well worth buying but I do feel that it was rather
>thoughtless of Spectrum-Holobyte to supply the game in such a way that those
>of us who have bought and enjoy it cannot make backups so as to protect our
>*investment*.

Spectrum holobyte have severely cocked up on this release - run your master
through disksalv and you'll find the source of the copy protect will mysteriously appear !!!!

From this it's a fairly trivial task to work out what to patch and where in order to defeat the protection.

--
Paul Ockenden                          uucp : ....uunet!prlb2!prlhp1!ockenden
Software type person                            ....mcvax!ukc!prlhp1!ockenden