[comp.sys.amiga] Request for Canon PJ-1080A driver

markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) (03/20/89)

Does anyone out there in netland have a driver for a Canon PJ1080A
ink jet printer.  I hope that someone out there can help as we have
such a device here attached to an Archimedes and it seems such a
shame to see it sitting there with nothing to do.

Mark Foster, Computing Service        |      markf @ syma.sussex.ac.uk
University of Sussex, Falmer          |      mef   @ cluster.sussex.ac.uk
England.   BN1 9QH                    |      ccfa3 @ cluster.sussex.ac.uk

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (03/21/89)

In article <835@syma.sussex.ac.uk> markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) writes:

>Does anyone out there in netland have a driver for a Canon PJ1080A
>ink jet printer.  I hope that someone out there can help as we have
>such a device here attached to an Archimedes and it seems such a
>shame to see it sitting there with nothing to do.

	Yes there is a printer driver for the Canon_PJ-1080A on the
V1.3 Extras disk; but what good is it going to do you on your Archimedes
computer?

kfried@infocenter.UUCP (Ken Fried) (03/28/89)

In article <835@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) writes:

> Does anyone out there in netland have a driver for a Canon PJ1080A
> ink jet printer.  I hope that someone out there can help as we have
> such a device here attached to an Archimedes and it seems such a
> shame to see it sitting there with nothing to do.
>
> --
   Workbench 1.3 contains the Canon PJ-1080A printer driver. If you do not
have 1.3 and don't want to purchase it; there are Public Domain drivers you
can download from Genie and People Link.

  WARNING: Some older programs do not work with the new 1.3 driver.
           Delux Print II is one I had trouble with.

dennison@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Theodore Dennison) (03/30/89)

In article <835@syma.sussex.ac.uk> markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) writes:

>Does anyone out there in netland have a driver for a Canon PJ1080A
>ink jet printer.  I hope that someone out there can help as we have
>such a device here attached to an Archimedes and it seems such a
>shame to see it sitting there with nothing to do.
>
>--
>Mark Foster, Computing Service        |      markf @ syma.sussex.ac.uk
>University of Sussex, Falmer          |      mef   @ cluster.sussex.ac.uk
>England.   BN1 9QH                    |      ccfa3 @ cluster.sussex.ac.uk

    I have a PJ-1080A myself, and although I probably am not the first to
reply thusly, here goes:

    Uh, it's on Workbench 1.3, Dude! I believe it should be on the amiga
extras disk that comes with 1.3. I think it was on 1.2 as well. If you don't
have either of these (although it seems you must) I have sevaral different
copies, and we can arrange to get you one.

    By the way, it is a very nice printer. I have seen a HP PaintJet in
action, and it is even nicer (but rather expensive I understand) The Canon is
superior to a dot matrix for any kind of graphics color or B/W and WSIWYG
text, but is almost useless for normal text (no descenders!!).

T.E.D.

poirier@giants.dg.com (Charles Poirier) (03/30/89)

In article <1815@infocenter.UUCP> kfried@infocenter.UUCP (Ken Fried) writes:
>   Workbench 1.3 contains the Canon PJ-1080A printer driver. If you do not

I found that the 1.3 driver, in text mode, puts an extra line feed between
lines of text.  Did anyone else have this problem?  How do I fix it?  I'd
prefer to not have to switch between the old and new driver just for text.

	Cheers,
	Charles Poirier