[comp.sys.amiga] Moderator Change

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (03/17/89)

Well, the barrage of sources/binaries was for a reason (other than I
wanted to get them out) -- today is my last day at ULowell, and I
wanted a clean slate during the 'transition' period between jobs.

Since I'm moving my residence as well as my job, there will be at
least a week where I will not have easy access to a machine on Usenet,
so you have a while to recover from the load I dumped this week.

When I re-appear in a week or so, I'll continue to moderate both
groups, probably with a better set of tools to moderate, since one of
my goals is to reduce the turn-around time for sources to a day.  The
Amiga archive will stay at swan.ulowell.edu for the forseeable future,
and mail to me here will be forwarded, so you shouldn't notice much
change.

My thanks in advance for all the well-wishes and kind words; please
refrain from sending me mail about it.  For the inevitable questions
about "where are you going and what are you doing?" ... let's say
networking figures prominently, and I'll likely see Chuck McManis a lot.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
Have five nice days.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (03/18/89)

In article <12314@swan.ulowell.edu> page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:

>Since I'm moving my residence as well as my job, there will be at
>least a week where I will not have easy access to a machine on Usenet,
>so you have a while to recover from the load I dumped this week.

But Bob - this is why they made laptops.

>My thanks in advance for all the well-wishes and kind words; please
>refrain from sending me mail about it.  For the inevitable questions
>about "where are you going and what are you doing?" ... let's say
>networking figures prominently, and I'll likely see Chuck McManis a lot.

You're going to work for FAUG ?

--
                  ``Quick Robin !  The Bat-Listings !''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

page%rishathra@Sun.COM (Bob Page) (03/30/89)

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) replied:
>But Bob - this is why they made laptops.

Even had I a laptop, I did not have the time or ambition to post Amiga
sources, sorry.  Too busy bleaching my hair, eating goat cheese and
all the other things one has to do to become a Californian.

Anyway, hello world.

..bob
Bob Page    page@sun.com    sun!page    415/336-2745

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (03/31/89)

>Even had I a laptop, I did not have the time or ambition to post Amiga
>sources, sorry.  Too busy bleaching my hair, eating goat cheese and
>all the other things one has to do to become a Californian.

Things like defrosting from that eastern climate??

Good luck in your new position.

Monty

"	All side effects are effects."
"	We can never do merely one thing."