[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for AMXLisp.

erikj@pprg.unm.edu (Erik Johannes) (03/27/89)

I would like to get a copy of AMXLisp which is on Fred Fish 181.  However
I don't have disk 181, nor can I find it at any of the ftp sites I have
checked.  Could somebody either send AMXLisp to me or give me the name
of an ftp site which has it.

			Thanks,
				Erik Johannes

hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu (03/27/89)

Written  4:39 pm  Mar 26, 1989 by erikj@pprg.unm.edu in comp.sys.amiga:
/* ---------- "Looking for AMXLisp." ---------- */
> I would like to get a copy of AMXLisp which is on Fred Fish 181.  However
> I don't have disk 181, nor can I find it at any of the ftp sites I have
> checked.  Could somebody either send AMXLisp to me or give me the name
> of an ftp site which has it.
/* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.amiga */

Fish disks up to 188, Amicus disks up to 26, and CUCUG disks 1 to 15 plus our
sampled sound and jukebox demos are online at the UIUCUXE internet archive:

		128.174.5.54	uxe.cso.uiuc.edu uxe uiucuxe

(The collection is also available on 9-track magtape - contact me for details)
----------
Lionel Hummel                             404 W. High St. #6, Urbana, IL 61801
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign  [H] (217)344-5303  [W] (217)333-7408
hummel@cs.uiuc.edu       {pur-ee,uunet}!uiucdcs!hummel            BUX: lhummel

chayter@skat.usc.edu (Carl J. Hayter) (03/27/89)

In article <23788@pprg.unm.edu> erikj@pprg.unm.edu (Erik Johannes) writes:

>I would like to get a copy of AMXLisp which is on Fred Fish 181.  However
>I don't have disk 181, nor can I find it at any of the ftp sites I have
>checked.  Could somebody either send AMXLisp to me or give me the name
>of an ftp site which has it.
>
>			Thanks,
>				Erik Johannes

Me Too!

I have a project coming up soon that involves compiler design, and I would
like to know if anyone out there has any compilers(of any sort) that include
the source code for the compiler.  e.g. I have a Smalltalk interpreter that
came with it's source code in C.  If anybody can help me (providing sources,
FTP sites, etc.) I would be gratefull.

arpa: chayter@oberon.usc.edu
uucp: uunet!oberon!chayter

                        Thankx a Mil..

dennison@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Theodore Dennison) (04/04/89)

In article <16117@oberon.USC.EDU> chayter@skat.usc.edu (Carl J. Hayter) writes:
>In article <23788@pprg.unm.edu> erikj@pprg.unm.edu (Erik Johannes) writes:
>>
>>I would like to get a copy of AMXLisp which is on Fred Fish 181.  However
>>I don't have disk 181, nor can I find it at any of the ftp sites I have
>>checked.  Could somebody either send AMXLisp to me or give me the name
>>of an ftp site which has it.
>>
>>                      Thanks,
>>                              Erik Johannes
>
>Me Too!
>
>I have a project coming up soon that involves compiler design, and I would
>like to know if anyone out there has any compilers(of any sort) that include
>the source code for the compiler.  e.g. I have a Smalltalk interpreter that
>came with it's source code in C.  If anybody can help me (providing sources,
>FTP sites, etc.) I would be gratefull.
>

>                        Thankx a Mil..

I am currently using XLISP in my AI class. I could get a copy of Amiga XLISP
from a friend, but I don't want it. If you guys think xlisp on a mainframe is
slow, you should see it on the amiga! Feels like having a Trash-80 with a
cassette tape drive again. I wrote a program to get the computer to play the
guessing part in mastermind in LISP. It only took 7 guesses or less, but
could take over an hour to run! With performance like that, you don't want
to do it on a micro, even an Amiga. Just debugging a MAJOR project could take
literaly years. It isn't worth it folks.

T.E.D.