[comp.sys.amiga] 2000 hookup to Seiko CM-1430 MultiSync. HELP!

john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) (04/04/89)

Hello every one!

    I just got a 2000 and I want to hook it up to the monitor I bought
with it, which is a Seiko CM-1430, Multiscan Monitor.  I can get the
cable made up no problem, but I can't seem to figure out what pins to
connect to what.  I know the monitor is supposed to be PS/2
compatible, just plug in and go, but I  don't have one... anyway, I
looked in my roomie's IBM reference guide and got the IBM pinouts and
compared them to the 2000.  This is what I got:

	AMIGA				IBM

1. 	XCLK   External Clock		Red
2.	XCLKEN External Clock Enable	Blue
3.      RED				Green
4. 	Green				NO PIN (but the cable has one)
5. 	Blue				Self Test
6.	DI     Digital Intensity	Red Return (analog grounds)
7. 	DB     Digital Blue		Green Rtrn ( "      "     )
8.      DG      "      Green            BLue "       "      "
9.      DR      "      Red		NO PIN
10.	CSYNC  Composite Sync		Digital Ground
11.	HSYNC  Horizontal "		 "       "
12.	VSYNC  Vertical   " 		NO PIN
13.     GNDRTN return for Xclken	HSYNC
14.	ZD     Zero Detect		VSYNC
15.  	C1     Clock Out		NO PIN
16.	Gnd    Ground
17.	Gnd
18.	Gnd
19.	Gnd
20.	Gnd
21.     -12v
22.	+12v
23.	+5v

I tried the following with no sucess...

Amiga	IBM
3-------1
4-------2
5-------3
11------13
12------14
16------10

The numbers are the pin numbers I tried.  When  hooked this all up and
turned on the machine nothing happened!  The 2000 wouldn't boot at
all.  Needless to say, this scared the sh*t out of me because I had
just bought it.  So I unpluggd (after turning off of course) the whole
mess and tried to reboot.  Needless to say, it booted up fine.

I don't really have the patience to figure this out right now, and I
can't find my copy of the number for Redmond cable, so could someone
please help me?  I really hate working off  a mono composite monitor.
Thanks again for all your help and info, past and future!

John Stoffel        | john@wpi.bitnet    | What can you expect of a day
WPI, Box 2432       | john@wpi.wpi.edu   | that begins with getting up
Worcester, MA 01609 | husc6!m2c!wpi!john | in the morning?
	 	--Damm the Disclaimers!  Full flame ahead!--

Subject: Resume.sty for LaTeX or TeX
Newsgroups: comp.text

Hello Net,
     I'm looking for an outline of a resume to be used with either TeX
or LaTeX.  I'd rather work with something already there instead of
reinventing the wheel.  Please email to me directly where I can find
such a beast, or mail it directly.  I'll post a summary to the net.
Thanks for your time, effort and love of TeX!

Newsgroups: comp.text