[comp.sys.amiga] Move cmd

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (03/25/89)

In Message <26@hcr.UUCP>, edwin@hcr.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) writes:

>Keep those little utils coming. (I'm almost finished a mv that will move
>directories across devices, preserve permissions, dates, filenotes, etc.
>I will send it in when it stops guruing. :-)

   Does it support wildcards ?!?  The one thing I would like to do is:

   1> mv news:comp.sys.amiga/#? news:comp.sys.amiga.archive

   (Yes I know its not a hard thing to write, im just busy & lazey ;-)

   Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS

dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Daniel Zenchelsky) (03/31/89)

In article <7624.AA7624@heimat> sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) writes:
>In Message <26@hcr.UUCP>, edwin@hcr.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) writes:
>
>>Keep those little utils coming. (I'm almost finished a mv that will move
>>directories across devices, preserve permissions, dates, filenotes, etc.
>>I will send it in when it stops guruing. :-)
>
>   Does it support wildcards ?!?  The one thing I would like to do is:
>
>   1> mv news:comp.sys.amiga/#? news:comp.sys.amiga.archive
>
>   (Yes I know its not a hard thing to write, im just busy & lazey ;-)
>
>   Sneakers
>
>--
>                                      ___
>    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS
>    Sneakers Computing              ////   60+ Megs of software & messages
>    2455 McKinley Ave.      ___    ////         12/2400 Baud - 24 Hrs
>    West Lawn, PA 19609     \\\\  ////              215/678-7691
>                             \\\\////
>    {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers

Heres my little baby that I use instead of rename (it's a fixed version
of what I posted a little while ago):
It works under 1.3.

.key pat,TO

IF <pat> EQ ""
SKIP USAGE
ENDIF

IF <TO> EQ ""
SKIP USAGE
ENDIF

failat 21
rename > nil: <pat> <TO>
IF FAIL
assign temp<$$>: <TO>
IF NOT FAIL
list >t:q<$$> <pat> lformat="rename *"%s%s*" *"temp<$$>:%s*""
IF NOT FAIL
execute t:q<$$>
ELSE
echo "<pat> not found"
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
SKIP DONE

LAB USAGE
ECHO ""
ECHO "mv - By Daniel Zenchelsky"
ECHO ""
ECHO " (1) mv [DIR]FILE [to] [DIR]FILE "
ECHO " (2) mv FILE [to] DIR "
ECHO " (3) mv PATTERN [to] DIR "
ECHO ""

LAB DONE
failat 10
assign temp<$$>:
; single file rename, single file move, or multiple file move

Have Fun

-Dan

|  ______                                                   |
| ||   |o|  Daniel Zenchelsky  --  dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu  |
| ||___| |                                                  |
| |   _  |  "Yes, but every time I try to see things your   |
| \_[]_|_|   way, I get a headache."                        |

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (04/02/89)

In Message <3317@hermes.ai.mit.edu>, dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Daniel Zenchelsky) writes:

>Heres my little baby that I use instead of rename (it's a fixed version
>of what I posted a little while ago):
>It works under 1.3.

[ actual shell script deleted ]

>Have Fun
>
>-Dan

   Ive been using your original version since it appeared on heimat with great
  success. It does exactly what I needed and find it a most useful addition to
  my S: directory.

   For those who did't know, "EXECUTE" looks in the S: directory automagicly.
  So any script file in their can be started with just "EXECUTE script_file".
  (Or "X script_file" if you rename "EXECUTE" ;-)

  Sneakers

--
                                      ___

451061%UOTTAWA.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Valentin Pepelea) (04/05/89)

Dan Sneakers Schein <sneakers@heimat.uucp> writes in message
<7680.AA7680@hemat>:

>  For those who did't know, "EXECUTE" looks in the S: directory automagicly.
>  So any script file in their can be started with just "EXECUTE script_file".
>  (Or "X script_file" if you rename "EXECUTE" ;-)

For those who didnt know, the Shell provided on WB 1.3 will execute a script
located in the S: directory automatically if its S bit is set. So you dont
have to type "Execute script_file", just enter "script_file".

>  Sneakers

Token Ring  (The Token-Ring LANs are much more efficient than the Sneaker-LANs)
"An  operating  system  without         Name:   Valentin Pepelea
 virtual memory is an operating         Phonet: (613) 233-1821
 system without virtue."                Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
         - Ancient Inca Proverb         Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA