[comp.sys.amiga] Editor/Librarian for D-10

ewilts%Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Ed Wilts - CandianOxy) (04/01/89)

I am looking for an editor/librarian for a Roland D-10 MIDI keyboard to use on
my Amy.  No sysex package that I have seen so far can handle its multiple
packet sysex dumps, so I've been out of luck.

Any info on commercial or PD packages would be appreciated.  Only Dr.T
advertises a D-110 editor/librarian but it does NOT work properly for a D-10 (I
tried at a local dealer).

Thanks in advance.  Those who can't reach me by e-mail are welcome to post.
Unlike most people who request email responses, I DO read this group...

        .../Ed          (EWilts%Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA@UncaNet.Bitnet)
                ..or..  (EWilts%Janus.MRC.AdhocNet.CA@UncaEdu.Bitnet)
Ed Wilts
Sr. Systems Analyst, Canadian Occidental Petroleum Ltd.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada                 (403) 234-1007

lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Greg Lee) (04/01/89)

From article <11996@louie.udel.EDU>, by ewilts%Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Ed Wilts - CandianOxy):
" I am looking for an editor/librarian for a Roland D-10 MIDI keyboard to use on
" my Amy.  No sysex package that I have seen so far can handle its multiple
" packet sysex dumps, so I've been out of luck.

A version of glib adapted by Michael Kesti (mrk@gvgspd.gvg.tek.com)
exists for the D-10.  Glib appeared in comp.sources.amiga a short while
ago, but without D-10 support.  Two versions with Kesti's D-10
modifications have been posted in rec.music.synth, but neither has been
tested on the Amiga, so far as I know.

			Greg, lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (04/06/89)

In article <11996@louie.udel.EDU> ewilts%Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Ed Wilts - CandianOxy) writes:
>I am looking for an editor/librarian for a Roland D-10 MIDI keyboard to use on
>my Amy.  No sysex package that I have seen so far can handle its multiple
>packet sysex dumps, so I've been out of luck.
>
>Any info on commercial or PD packages would be appreciated.  Only Dr.T
>advertises a D-110 editor/librarian but it does NOT work properly for a D-10 (I
>tried at a local dealer).
>
>Thanks in advance.  Those who can't reach me by e-mail are welcome to post.
>Unlike most people who request email responses, I DO read this group...

I'm one of those who can't seem to reach you by e-mail...

While I am not very familiar with the D-10, I do know that Sound Quest, Inc.
has an Editor/Librarian.  Hear are some features (I've excerpted from their
manual):

	* Lock Partials for simultaneous absolute or relative editing
	* Import Data from other Patches
	* Transmit any kind of System Exclusive data using the Sound
	  Quest data format, not just D-10 data files
	* Powerful File Management and Bank Editing features
	* Simultaneous editing of multiple D-10 instruments
	* Superior voice mixing and random voice generation
	* Extensive on-line Help
	* Timbre and Tone data is fully compatible with MT-32 & D-110
	  Master Editors

--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100