[comp.sys.amiga] Maxiplan -> Lotus format conversion?

dcall@amadeus.LA.TEK.COM (Dale Call) (04/04/89)

Does anyone know how to convert a Maxiplan spreadsheet file to Lotus
1-2-3 format?  There is a 123->Maxiplan conversion program supplied
with Maxiplan, but no way to get back (which I need).

On the same note, is there any spreadsheet for the Amiga that lets you
save in Lotus 123 format?  I really don't want to buy a bridgecard just
for this application.

Dale Call
dcall@amadeus.la.tek.com

king@dretor.dciem.dnd.ca (Stephen King) (04/04/89)

In article <4637@teklds.CAE.TEK.COM> dcall@amadeus.LA.TEK.COM (Dale Call) writes:
>Does anyone know how to convert a Maxiplan spreadsheet file to Lotus
>1-2-3 format?

A) Save file as text from MaxiPlan. Import text file into 1-2-3.
B) Write a program to do it ( 1/2 :-)

>On the same note, is there any spreadsheet for the Amiga that lets you
>save in Lotus 123 format?

VIP Professional is (was) a 1-2-3 clone for the Amiga. I don't think that
it is marketed anymore, but you may be able to pick up an old copy (cheap)
somewhere.
		Bon chance!
--
       ...!utzoo!dretor!king       or       king%dretor@zorac.dciem.dnd.ca

In article <4637@teklds.CAE.TEK.COM> (Dale Call) writes:
>Does anyone know how to convert a Maxiplan spreadsheet file to Lotus
>1-2-3 format?

At the FAUG meeting last night Mike Lehman the President and CEO of
Intuitive Technologies demonstrated Plan/IT 3.0. This is actually
MaxiPlan 3.0 except that there is apparently some trademark dispute
on the name. He also said that Oxxi was no longer an authorized
distributor or supporter of MaxiPlan in the US or Canada. [Sound
familiar? Especially to you Benchmark Modula-2 (beta) owners?]
While he had nothing bad to say about Oxxi, it was clear that
they had some rather severe disagreements. Anyway, Plan/IT will
be distributed by B.E.S.T. inc, and they will offer a $40 upgrade
to current MaxiPlan owners. So why upgrade ?

His reasons were :
	- For the features
		Reads and _writes_ Lotus 1-2-3 files from the menu
		AREXX support
		More charts (Log charts yeah!)
		Better database interface
	- And "over 150 bugs were shot."

Anyway. His demo looked pretty good (and my dealer claims that B.E.S.T.
has told him he will have it in his hot little hands next week) so then
I will get to see if I can crash it. Also they rewrote the manual becaus
the Oxxi manual was so bad.

I've always thought MaxiPlan had the promise to be a really decent spread
sheet, hopefully this incarnation will let me know if it has met that
challenge. More when I know more ...

--Chuck McManis
"A most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Kahn!"