[comp.sys.amiga] Zoo source code...

john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) (02/08/89)

Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
help!

u-mlinds%sunset.utah.edu@wasatch.UUCP (Mark Lindsey) (02/08/89)

In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU> john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) writes:

>Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
>implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
>archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
>with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
>from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
>help!

I've seen this request before so I'll post.  It is probably in other
places but it is available by anon. FTP at

	cs.utah.edu (128.110.4.21)     pub/zoo201.tar.Z

Put it there myself :-)   This version runs on 4.3 BSD and Sun 3.4.
Another guy I know has gotten it to run on a version of Ultrix (Don't know
which one).

BTW, if anyone wants it in a different archive format, just let me know.  I
can ARC it, or SHAR it (Yuck! But I'll do it for some poor soul who needs it)
or, obviously, ZOO it :-)

Cheers,

Mark

Mark L. Lindsey                   u-mlinds@ug.utah.edu
374 E 1550 S                      University of Utah
Orem, UT  84058                   Salt Lake City, UT

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/08/89)

In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU>, john@wpi (John F Stoffel) writes:
>Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
>implement it on our Unix machine...

UNIX ZOO 2.01 recently appeared in comp.sources.unix, so you might
already have it.  If not, it is available via anonymous ftp from:

	WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL		in PD2:<UNIX-C.ARC-PROGS>
and	XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU		in /pub/zoo-2.01

...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (UWO Astronomy); Bitnet: gaetz@uwovax) (02/08/89)

In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU>, john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) writes:

> Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
> implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
> archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
> with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
> from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
> help!

The source code for zoo v2.0 is currently posted in comp.sources.unix.

+-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Terry Gaetz           | "In the sciences, we are now uniquely privileged |
|  gaetz@uwovax.uwo.ca  | to sit side by side with the giants on whose     |
|  gaetz@uwovax.BITNET  | shoulders we stand"    -- Gerald Holton          |
+-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+

jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Julius Cisek) (02/08/89)

In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU>, john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) writes:

> Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
> implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
> archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
> with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
> from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
> help!

There  is   source   for   zoo   at   ftp   location   128.174.5.54   in
amiga/zoo/unix141  (or  something  similar),  but I haven't been able to
compile it, so if someone could also send the above mentioned info to me
as well, I would be grateful.
--
    // /|  /| /|| /     /| Another  Julius Andrew Cisek
   // /_| / |/ ||| ___ /_| Amiga    jac423@leah.albany.edu

scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) (02/09/89)

From article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU>, by john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel):

> Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
> implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
> archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
> with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
> from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
> help!

A version of ZOO for UNIX is available for FTP from:

	uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (128.174.5.54)	under unix/zoo201.

This is the latest version, runs on all versions of UNIX, but is stored
as a set of single files (not compressed tar, &*^%$&-it!), so it will
take longer to FTP. I got my version from there, and it compiled fine,
I use it frequently (as often as comp.sources.amiga comes out, anyway).

--
---------------------
              Scott Henry <scotth@sgi.com>

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (02/09/89)

In article <1061@wasatch.UUCP>, u-mlinds%sunset.utah.edu@wasatch.UUCP (Mark Lindsey) writes:
> In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU> john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) writes:
> >
> >Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?
>
> I've seen this request before so I'll post.  It is probably in other
> places but it is available by anon. FTP at
>
> 	cs.utah.edu (128.110.4.21)     pub/zoo201.tar.Z
>
> Put it there myself :-)   This version runs on 4.3 BSD and Sun 3.4.

Also compiles cleanly, and works just fine on (yeccch) SysV (3.1/3.2).
Would that all "portable" code did so as easily ...

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (02/10/89)

In article <649@wpi.WPI.EDU> john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) writes:

>Does anoyone out there have the source code to zoo?  I'd like to
>implement it on our Unix machine so I can look at and test zoo
>archives before uploading them to my Amiga.  Please send mail to me
>with the info, or please post it to comp.sources.amiga.  I can do ftp
>from sites or I can accept shar and uu**code files.  THanks for your
>help!

     I would like this code also! I am interested in setting up an auto-
  mated unpacker for comp.sources/binaries.amiga. I found the sources to
  sh on the vaxen where I work, but have not found any amiga specific code
  on sh or zoo.

     Please. This could make life easier for all of us!

      Don White
      zehntel!donw
      Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177

wzg91@ttacs1.ttu.edu (BROWN, KEVIN) (04/05/89)

Would anyone know if source code for Zoo 2.0 is available?  I would like to
implement Zoo 2.0 under VAX/VMS (since that is what I use for file
transfer, and I would in many instances like to see what I am getting
before going to the trouble of doing a 1200-baud file transfer to my
Amiga).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

				Kevin Brown
				Internet: wzg91@ttacs1.ttu.edu or
					  c8u00@ttacs1.ttu.edu

				Bitnet:	  WZG91@TTACS1 or
					  C8U00@TTACS1

				Snail:	  404 Gaston Hall
					  Texas Tech University
					  Lubbock, TX  79406

				Voice:	  (806)742-4375

Disclaimer??  Why do I need a disclaimer?  Everything I say is right... :-)

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/06/89)

In article <12310@louie.udel.EDU>, wzg91@ttacs1 (BROWN, KEVIN) writes:
>Would anyone know if source code for Zoo 2.0 is available?

It's available via anonymous ftp from XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU in
/pub/zoo-2.01 (and should be available from any comp.sources.unix
archive site, such as Xanth, UUNET.UU.NET, etc.)  Use binary mode.

	...tad