[comp.sys.amiga] SuperBase Crashes under 1.3

mph@behemoth.phx.mcd.mot.com (Mark Huth) (04/05/89)

Can anyone tell me how to use Superbase under 1.3 without crashing?

The configuration is  3 meg, A2090, an ST506 and a SCSI hard drive.

Superbase seems to run fine until I use the query function.  In fact,
query will run as long as I don't try to define the query.  But as soon
as I click on any of the query definition menu items (like fields or filter)
the machine visits the guru, normally with an address exception.

Works fine under 1.2.

Superbase is version 1.0.  I've tried this both with the shell and with CLI.

Thanks,
Matk Huth

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (04/06/89)

In article <10657@behemoth.phx.mcd.mot.com> mph@behemoth.UUCP (Mark Huth) writes:
 >Can anyone tell me how to use Superbase under 1.3 without crashing?

 >Superbase seems to run fine until I use the query function.  In fact,
 >query will run as long as I don't try to define the query.  But as soon
 >as I click on any of the query definition menu items (like fields or filter)
 >the machine visits the guru, normally with an address exception.

 Increase your stack to 8000 or more.  Says it right in the manual, but
 it's easy to forget when you boot off a new system disk.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP