[comp.sys.amiga] Tricks and features

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (04/05/89)

In article <12313@louie.udel.EDU> C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) writes:
| You know, here is a great thing to add to 1.4 -- better DOCUMENTATION.

:-)

| I didn't know about using the left mouse button with the right held down
| to make multiple menu choices until I read the post on comp.sys.amiga
| today...this feature is not documented in the manual that comes with the
| computer at all.
|      It bothers me to think of the other unique or undocumented features the
| Amiga and Intuition have that I don't know about.

Some tricks I picked up.

Info from mCAD -
	Press <LR-A><L-a> emulates a left mouse click
	Press <LR-A><R-a> emulates a right mouse click
	Press <LR-A><arrow key> emulates moving the mouse that direction
Info from a BBS -
	On workbench screen <L-a><L-s><R-a><R-s><Fx> for a "credit" screen

<R-A> is right Amiga, <R-a> is right alt, <LR- > is either left or right,
<R-s> is right shift, <Fx> is any of the "F" keys at the top.

Now, what other tricks are there?

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (04/06/89)

In article <955@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu> jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>Some tricks I picked up.
>
>Info from mCAD -
>	Press <LR-A><L-a> emulates a left mouse click
>	Press <LR-A><R-a> emulates a right mouse click
>	Press <LR-A><arrow key> emulates moving the mouse that direction
>Info from a BBS -
>	On workbench screen <L-a><L-s><R-a><R-s><Fx> for a "credit" screen
>
><R-A> is right Amiga, <R-a> is right alt, <LR- > is either left or right,
><R-s> is right shift, <Fx> is any of the "F" keys at the top.

	How about this one: <SHIFT><LALT><LAMIGA>, makes the mouse
	move to the left by 10.

	How did I discover this marvelous trick?  This "trick" (and yours, too)
	is documented in the manual shipped with the computer.
| This message does in no way reflect the views or opinions of   |
| any organization.  In fact, they illustrate just how           |
| disorganized things really are.                                |

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (04/06/89)

In article <955@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu> jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>	Press <LR-A><arrow key> emulates moving the mouse that direction

Press <LR-A><shift><arrow  key> to move the mouse in about 100 pixel
increments.
--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP