[comp.sys.amiga] CSA MIDGET RACER

WF24741%UAFSYSB.BITNET@umrvmb.umr.edu (Bill Farmer) (04/05/89)

Does anyone have any information about the CSA Midget Racer accelerator?
It apparently has a 68020 (12 or 16 Mhz?), slot for a math co-processor
and supposedly runs 50% faster than the stock Amiga.  It would appear that
it has no option for 32 bit ram so would the increase in speed be sufficient
for it's price --- around $329-349 mail order?  The A2620 is out of my
price range but any noticeable increase in speed would still be appreciated.

Bill Farmer
University of Arkansas
WF24741@UAFSYSB

doc@crash.cts.com (Mitch Evans) (04/07/89)

In article <12320@louie.udel.EDU> WF24741%UAFSYSB.BITNET@umrvmb.umr.edu (Bill Farmer) writes:
>Does anyone have any information about the CSA Midget Racer accelerator?
>It apparently has a 68020 (12 or 16 Mhz?), slot for a math co-processor
>and supposedly runs 50% faster than the stock Amiga.  It would appear that
>it has no option for 32 bit ram so would the increase in speed be sufficient
>for it's price --- around $329-349 mail order?  The A2620 is out of my
>price range but any noticeable increase in speed would still be appreciated.
>
>Bill Farmer
>University of Arkansas
>WF24741@UAFSYSB

The Midget Racer is a 68020 accel. board -- currently it has no 32 bit memory,
but CSA says that they may exapnd it in the future.  I don't know wether or
not the 68881 slot is included in the above price...but:

	With the 68881, the price is about $400.
	Without, the price is about $350.

	The board will be shown at the next ECAUG (East County Amiga Users'
	Group) meeting in Spring Valley, CA.  If you're in the San Diego area
	for the second Friday in April, come check us out.  If you are inter-
	ested in attending, please call me at 619-670-9524.

	That's all for now!

ARPA:     crash!doc@nosc.mil
INET:     doc@crash.CTS.COM

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get me...