[comp.sys.amiga] Roger Rabbit

jms@antares.UUCP (joe smith) (10/29/88)

In article <7481@well.UUCP> ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:
>	The interesting part of all this is that John Toebes has, out of the
>kindness of his heart, helped us at Silent Software to meet a deadline with
>Disney and Amiga Roger Rabbit.

I have seen the ads for the Roger Rabbit game in Amiga World.  I have also
seen a statement that says it won't be available for a long time due to
problems with the contract.  Are there any new facts on this subject?
| TYMNET:JMS@F29  CA:"POPJ P,"  UUCP:{ames|pyramid}oliveb!tymix!antares!jms  |
| INTERNET: (Office-1.ARPA is no more)      PHONE:Joe Smith @ (408)922-6220  |

eric@pyrps5 (Eric Bergan) (01/12/89)

	Ok, I give up. I'm looking for serious hints, spoilers, or walkthrus
for the gag factory segment of Roger Rabbit. I can get through
to where the boxes are stacked up (by the pogo sticks) and on occasion
have been able to get past them, but I don't know how I did it. On
the next screen is a large empty area full of dip - presumably I use the pogo
stick, but I haven't been able to get over there with a pogo stick.

	Also, is the bomb of any use? How do I get it/what do I use it
for?

	Thanks in advance.

					eric
					...!pyramid!eric

24847843%WSUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Shawn Clabough) (01/12/89)

Try using a portable hole to make a hole on the second level on the
other side of the dip on the lower level.

                             Shawn Clabough
                             24847843@WSUVM1.BITNET

me128-aw@kepler.Berkeley.EDU (me128 student) (01/13/89)

In article <54657@pyramid.pyramid.com> eric@pyrps5 (Eric Bergan) writes:

>	Ok, I give up. I'm looking for serious hints, spoilers, or walkthrus
>for the gag factory segment of Roger Rabbit. I can get through
>to where the boxes are stacked up (by the pogo sticks) and on occasion
>have been able to get past them, but I don't know how I did it. On
>the next screen is a large empty area full of dip - presumably I use the pogo
>stick, but I haven't been able to get over there with a pogo stick.

This is easy.  Just walk up to the boxes as close as you can, then jump to
the right.

>	Also, is the bomb of any use? How do I get it/what do I use it
>for?

got me there.  What I wanna know is:  how do I get past the third weasel?
There are no invisiblility pills around.  Is there a way to reverse the
elevators so I can get some? (reverse pills, maybe)

-Vincent H. Lee

dave@wiley.UUCP (Dave Agabra) (01/13/89)

    I just bought this and it looks pretty good, but...

    1) I moved everything onto my hard disk, did the assign's, and it works
       ok, except that it dumps me out of the game completely when I get my
       five barrels o' dip.  Problem is, then I have to wait through 30 secs
       of title screen before I can play again.  Is there a way to avoid this
       (other than not losing)?

    2) The instructions are interesting, but skimpy.  In the club, is the
       object to clear all of the tables at once before the waiters can
       reset them, or do you need to pick up a fixed number of papers?  If
       it's the former, how the *heck* do you do it?

    Other than that, it's a well done game.  If anything, it's great for
showing off the machine, and it doesn't require much brainpower.  Best of
all, it doesn't destroy your enviroment, although I believe it takes over
the machine.  Copy protection is "look up the word", but is done with
questions from the booklet rather than page-parargaph-word so it's not as
obnoxious.

					---- Dave

  A person should always believe in something.    dave@wiley.UUCP
  I believe I'll have another beer.               {cit-vax | trwrb}!wiley!dave

morrison@sunbeam.DAB.GE.COM (04/05/89)

I am stuck in the Gag factory of Roger Rabbit and could use some help.

*****  Warning spoiler below  *****

I can not figure out what to do after I get by the first two weasals.  I
suspect that there is more of the Gag Factory to explore, but I can't
figure out how to get there.  So far I can drop a hole on the top level to
get past the dip on the lower level, use the vanishing cream to get past
the first weasal, use more vanishing cream to get by the second weasal on
the top level, push the botton on the top level to release the swinging crane,
and go to the lower level where the only potentially useful gag seems to be
the Pogo stick, but I can't seem to jump on the crane with it.

I would certainly appreciate any help.

--
Tom Morrison <morrison@ge-dab.GE.COM>
                                            General Electric Company

ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo L. Schwab) (04/07/89)

[ Roger Rabbit spoilers ahead. ]

In article <1948@ge-dab.GE.COM> morrison@sunbeam.DAB.GE.COM () writes:
>push the botton on the top level to release the swinging crane,
>and go to the lower level where the only potentially useful gag seems to be
>the Pogo stick, but I can't seem to jump on the crane with it.

	Use the magnet.

	What do you think of the gag factory music?

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac