[comp.sys.amiga] QRT Problems

870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) (04/03/89)

After compiling QRT on our Sun-4(as well as my Amiga 2000) I tried to run
some of the script files. The first part of the program ran fine, but when
I tried to run the qrt2gif and qrtpost programs it comes up and tells me that
the image is to big for the Amiga's HAM mode. I looked in the script files
and could not find anything that controls the screen size(might not be looking
to hard, and I did compile the prgs. with the -DAMIGA option). Any suggestions
that would help???

later
Barry Comer 870646c@aucs.UUCP

cdouty@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Christopher Douty) (04/09/89)

In article <1728@aucs.UUCP> 870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) writes:
>After compiling QRT on our Sun-4(as well as my Amiga 2000) I tried to run
>some of the script files. The first part of the program ran fine, but when
>I tried to run the qrt2gif and qrtpost programs it comes up and tells me that
>the image is to big for the Amiga's HAM mode. I looked in the script files
>and could not find anything that controls the screen size(might not be looking
>to hard, and I did compile the prgs. with the -DAMIGA option). Any suggestions
>that would help???
>
>later
>Barry Comer 870646c@aucs.UUCP

Try putting a DEFAULT() command in the script setting the x and y
resolutions you want to use.  You should also specify the aspect ratio you
want.  The recommended value is .56 for Amiga HAM mode, but I find that it
distorts things slightly.

The other thing you could try would be to use command line options.  You can
specify x and res, and aspect ratio on the cammand line.

As to why the pictures came out strange, I do not know for sure.  You should
probably go into qrt.h where all the #IFDEF's are listed and change the
default #DEFINE UNIX TRUE to FALSE.  Then change the Amiga define to true.
Your complier probably ignored the -DAMIGA in favor of the defines in
qrt.h.  A version complied with Amiga defines should produce 320*400
pictures that have 400K .RAW files.  The standard UNIX define makes 640*400
or some such thing which produces 800K files.

Hope this helps fix whatever was wrong.
--
				Christopher Douty
			 cdouty@jarthur.claremont.edu