[comp.sys.amiga] one disk drive

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (The Amiga Programmer) (04/01/89)

I have a friend that has had a problem with his amiga 2000 machine.
His 2nd drive (internal df1:) gave up, and now he needs to set the
jumpers correctly on the motherboard.  When he removed the jumper
J301, the machine could not read df0: again.  Is there another
jumper that needs to be changed, or any other info I could tell
him?

Thanks for the help!
Hans

***********************    Hans Bechtel
* Amiga Before    /   *
*      The Rest  /    *    hansb@ariel.unm.edu
************** \/ *****    (505) 275-2797

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (04/01/89)

In article <4755@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (The Amiga Programmer) writes:
>I have a friend that has had a problem with his amiga 2000 machine.
>His 2nd drive (internal df1:) gave up, and now he needs to set the
>jumpers correctly on the motherboard.  When he removed the jumper
>J301, the machine could not read df0: again.  Is there another
>jumper that needs to be changed, or any other info I could tell
>him?

Make sure he has hooked up the correct ribbon cable connector to his
drive. The connector on the END of the cable goes to df0:. The one in the
middle goes to DF1:.

    "This isn't Heaven, this is Cleveland!!!!"

                          Dave Lowrey
                          Amdahl Corp.
                          Houston, Texas
                          (713)-850-8828
                         ...!{ames,sun,decwrl,uunet,....}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

dennison@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Theodore Dennison) (04/11/89)

In article <4755@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (The Amiga Programmer) writes:

>* Amiga Before    /   *
>*      The Rest  /    *    hansb@ariel.unm.edu

Realy? When did you get yours? I bought my Amiga in November of 1985. I have
met very few who have that beat! (And most of them work for C/A)

T.E.D.