[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaUUCP, was

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (04/11/89)

In article <16957@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Re: Stan's comments about AmigaUUCP version 0.50 ...
>
>(fantastic product) .. yeah, but ...
>
>Have you noticed uucico doesn't believe in direct connections?  Just TRY and
>specify a direct connection in your L.sys file and see how far you get; it
>insists on sending "ATDT crapola" out the serial port.  Not nice when the
>machine to which you want to connect is flanking the Amiga and can be
>connected to at 19,200 with everything ELSE except AmigaUUCP.

Thats because it's hardwired to use a HAYES modem. It says so right
in the sources.

>Fixing and recompiling the sources won't work without a (recent) Lattice
>compiler.  :-(

I've had pretty good success Manxifying it. I've converted rmail, rnews,
pnews, mail, unbatchfc.

What it comes down to is yo uhave to make a system() function that uses
fexecv() to replace Lattice's system(), and remove the chdir()
and getcwd() calls and make the file open's have explicit addresses;
fortuneately, most of them are already; and acount for some string
functions that Lattice 5.0 has that manx doesnt.

Edwin Hoogerbeets has written all the required string functions
and I coerced him to write chdir and getcwd as well. Theo de Raadt
supplied a system() function, so it's easier that it would appear
on first guess.

--
       ``Parents who have children, have children who have children''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV