[comp.sys.amiga] Uedit

duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) (04/04/89)

1) What types of customizing have people done with
Uedit?  I know of Ustar and the VI emulation.

Any others?

2) Anybody have a good spelling checker interface?

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (04/06/89)

In article <1818@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:

>1) What types of customizing have people done with
>Uedit?  I know of Ustar and the VI emulation.
>
>Any others?

Well, I've made some small modifications to make some of the commands look
more like GNU Emacs (^E, ^A, ^K and a few other single-letter commands).
It's not what I would call actual emulation of the editor but it's enough
that I don't get myself in trouble.

>2) Anybody have a good spelling checker interface?

I don't have it but I know that Rick provides a spell-check version of
Uedit that interfaces with his own speller.  The "base" Uedit includes the
macros necessary to make it operate with his spell-checker but to get the
spell-checker itself you need to "upgrade" to the spell checker version.
Call Rick and ask him...I find him a very easy person to work with.
--
Tony Sumrall acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

ba@m-net.UUCP (Bill Allen) (04/13/89)

 writes:

>1) What types of customizing have people done with
>Uedit?  I know of Ustar and the VI emulation.
>
>Any others?
>
>2) Anybody have a good spelling checker interface?

Are you working with Uedit with the built in speller?
With that version you can customize your own spell checker interface
any way you see fit.
There's some nice Uedit configs (loaded with features) going around
the PD.
The latest version of Uedit is v2.4h2.  (Patch #2 to v2.4h)
The author of Uedit uploads his latest patches to The Amiga Shareware
Headquarters BBS at 313-473-2020.
(Look there for other configuration files also.)
or call Sharewarer's BBS at 313-473-2020 24hrs, PCP thru MIDET, 100% Amiga