[comp.sys.amiga] .zuu files???

bryanc@haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) (04/12/89)

I recently picked up a bunch of  source files all  in a format called
zuu?  Has anyone heard  of this?  I tried using BOOZ  but that didn't
work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

==Bryan

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/13/89)

In article <12652@haddock.ima.isc.com>, bryanc@haddock (Bryan Cote) writes:
>I recently picked up a bunch of  source files all  in a format called
>zuu?

They are probably .ZOO files that have been encoded using the UNIX
``uuencode'' command.  (This is done to transfer the file over a
non-binary path, like through mail or news.)

Use the UNIX ``uudecode'' command, or get the ``new'' UU*CODE (easily
portable to the Amiga) via anonymous ftp from most any
comp.sources.misc archive (including XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU as
/usenet/comp.sources.misc/volume3/nuudecode.Z).

	...tad

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (04/13/89)

In article <12652@haddock.ima.isc.com> bryanc@haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) writes:

> I recently picked up a bunch of  source files all  in a format called
> zuu?  Has anyone heard  of this?

*.zuu files are typically uuencoded zoo archives.  So, for each such
file, run uudecode on it to get the decoded zoo version, then run zoo
on that to extract what you want.

I wonder how many other replies you will get to your question....:-)

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation (a.k.a. "The Closed Software Foundation")
Bedford, MA  01730
Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.

ugmolik@sunybcs.uucp (Gregory Molik) (04/13/89)

Files with the .zuu have most likely been zoo'ed and uuencoded.

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (04/13/89)

In article <12652@haddock.ima.isc.com> bryanc@haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) writes:
+-------
|I recently picked up a bunch of  source files all  in a format called
|zuu?  Has anyone heard  of this?  I tried using BOOZ  but that didn't
|work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|==Bryan
+-------

	Most likely they are uuencoded, compressed files -
	try to uudecode & then uncompress to get the files out.

Cheers,
--
O .		Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
  o  _///_ //	Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu