[comp.sys.amiga] Ciarcia's brain wave monitor

rm2t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert James McNicholas) (04/12/89)

Hi folks,

About a year ago, Steve Ciarcia's project in Byte was a brain wave monitor.  The
hardware hooked up to an RS232 port.  The software was written in C, but for an
IBM PC.  Has anyone succeeded in porting this to the Amiga?  If you've seen the
code, does it look like it might be easily ported?  I'd really like to build
this thing, but I'm not sure I'm up for a complete rewrite of the software.  Any
comments would be appreciated.

[Please e-mail replies.]

- Rob McNicholas
  Carnegie Mellon
  rm2t+@andrew.cmu.edu

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (04/12/89)

In article <0YEZ5xy00YU5IGXkx2@andrew.cmu.edu> rm2t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert James McNicholas) writes:

>Hi folks,
>
>About a year ago, Steve Ciarcia's project in Byte was a brain wave monitor.  The
>hardware hooked up to an RS232 port.  The software was written in C, but for an
>IBM PC.  Has anyone succeeded in porting this to the Amiga?  If you've seen the
>code, does it look like it might be easily ported?  I'd really like to build
>this thing, but I'm not sure I'm up for a complete rewrite of the software.  Any
>comments would be appreciated.

Yeah, I got it working on the Amiga, but it doesnt work. I really dont
know whym, it checks out perfect with a scope, every single part, but
when I put it on, all I get is a flat wave. Hrrmph.

--
       ``Parents who have children, have children who have children''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (04/14/89)

In article <14597@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
-In article <0YEZ5xy00YU5IGXkx2@andrew.cmu.edu> rm2t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert James McNicholas) writes:
->
->Hi folks,
->
-
-Yeah, I got it working on the Amiga, but it doesnt work. I really dont
-know whym, it checks out perfect with a scope, every single part, but
-when I put it on, all I get is a flat wave. Hrrmph.
-
So You mean, the monitor works perfectly until You try to monitor
Your own brain waves. Then You get a flat wave. And then You say it
is something wrong with the brai wave monitor. Couldn't there be
something wrong someplace else :-)

(what about moving this to .tech, to aggravate even more people? :-)

In article <14597@gryphon.COM>, richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> Yeah, I got it working on the Amiga, but it doesnt work. I really dont
> know whym, it checks out perfect with a scope, every single part, but
> when I put it on, all I get is a flat wave. Hrrmph.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Talk about setting yourself up!

nope! I won't say it :-) :-) (but what a chance to flame the flamer!!!)

:-) :-)

R.I.P.

--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
[not for RHF] |          sparks@corpane.UUCP         | 502/968-5401 thru -5406

dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Rahul Dhesi) (04/14/89)

I presume the subject heading refers to an instrument for monitoring
Ciarcia's brain waves?
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
UUCP:    ...!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi