[comp.sys.amiga] I'm back!

mrr@amanpt1.UUCP (Mark Rinfret) (11/07/87)

It's been a long, long month without Usenet but the shakes are finally over.
As of October 12, I've been working for a new employer.  At the same time
that that change was transpiring, my Usenet feed (unisec.USI.COM) moved to
Texas.  Hopefully, I've come through the double trauma a stronger person :-).
Many thanks to David Brierley (galaxia) for the new feed.

So!  What have I missed during my period of deprivation?  Did anyone post
the Be_Everything_to_Everyone_Program that I've been waiting for?  Has
anyone done anything to MRBackup to make it [more] useful?  While I was
adrift, I got a free update to PowerWindows V2.0 - from version 1.1.  It was
a rather impressive transition from poor to very nice.  I'm using the program
to design a CZ1 patch editor.  It's reliable enough now that I don't touch
the source it generates.  When I want new features, I can reliably edit the
saved image and regenerate source.

Has anyone tried City Desk?  What do you think?  I've got a "special offer"
form for MSS's new Excellence! (I know - it's a word processor, not a page
layout program), but I'm a little gun-shy after having bought into Online!
version 2.0 (still doesn't do VT100 correctly).

I would appreciate a few responses via mail, if only the word "Hello", to
make sure that I am reachable.  I also had a great deal of difficulty in
responding to people when I was attached to unisec.  If you never got a
response from me, I at least achieved great frustration in trying.

        It's nice to be back,
                                 Mark

--
< Mark R. Rinfret,        mrr@amanpt1 | ...galaxia!amanpt1!mrr               >
< Aquidneck Management Associates       Home: 401-846-7639                   >

dillon@POSTGRES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (04/10/89)

	I am back... was gone for two weeks.

	if anybody has yet to receive a reply to email please email me
again, it might have gotten lost while I was away.

	DNet V2.01 is going to the moderator today or tomorrow for all
of you on the USENET.  I will put the very latest version on
ucbvax.berkeley.edu tomorrow (fixing some problems with hanging up after on
auto-answer).

	I have added a new server... a password server.  I have tested the
about-to-be-released version of DNet w/ this new server by leaving DNet
running on my Amiga at home (Berkeley) and connecting to it periodically
from Lake Tahoe.  While it is still possible to crash a machine remote without
password authorization (e.g. open 64 talk windows), I don't think it is
possible to read, write, or destroy files by remote without the correct
password.

	Most Common problem w/DNet V2.01:  Not using the -h0 option when the
carrier detect line is not connected in a hardwired configuration.

						-Matt

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/16/89)

In article <8904092332.AA02566@paradise.Berkeley.EDU>, dillon@POSTGRES (Matt Dillon) writes:
>	DNet V2.01 is going to the moderator today or tomorrow for all
>of you on the USENET.  I will put the very latest version on
>ucbvax.berkeley.edu tomorrow (fixing some problems with hanging up after on
>auto-answer).

This newest version is also now available via anonymous ftp from
xanth.cs.odu.edu as /amiga/dnet-2.01.zoo.  This replaces the previous
dnet-2.01.zoo that was there.  If you got the 388k version from xanth,
it's old.  The new version is much larger... :-)

	...tad