[comp.sys.amiga] New Setpatch

dennya@pnet02.cts.com (Denny Atkin) (04/11/89)

CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
to the program:

     Trackdisk
     UserState
     Dos Execute call

However, the new release was sent out without an accompanying .DOC file.  I
was just curious...  Exactly which bugs are fixed in this new release?
What was wrong with Trackdisk, etc.

Also, I've been having a slight problem since upgrading to 1.3.  I have
$C00000 in my A1000 and Gurus and recoverable alerts don't work properly.
When I get a guru, the screen goes black, cycles through a couple of shades
of gray, and THEN I see the guru alert above a blank, black screen.  I had
been using Bryce's Patch_1 under 1.2 and it fixed the alert problem--gurus
appeared at the top of my screen like they were supposed to.  SetPatch
doesn't seem to work here.  Any idea why?  It's the first command in my
Startup-Sequence.

+-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------+
| Denny Atkin, Writer at Large         //Amiga        |"It's all the        |
| PeopleLink: DENNY                  \X/ 1000!        | truth--except the   |
| UUCP:{ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!dennya | bits that are lies."|
| INET:dennya@pnet02.cts.com                          |   -- Douglas Adams  |
+-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------+

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (04/12/89)

In article <14572@gryphon.COM> dennya@pnet02.cts.com (Denny Atkin) writes:
>CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
>to the program:
>
>     Trackdisk
>     UserState
>     Dos Execute call
>
>However, the new release was sent out without an accompanying .DOC file.  I
>was just curious...  Exactly which bugs are fixed in this new release?

Since I haven't released it for posting *anywhere* as yet, there is
no doc file included.

			andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Give me a Standard large enough, and a Committee to discuss it,
 and I will prevent the Earth from moving."

mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (04/12/89)

> *Excerpts from ext.nn.comp.sys.amiga: 11-Apr-89 New Setpatch Denny*
> *Atkin@pnet02.cts.c (1337)*
> CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
> to the program:
>
>      Trackdisk
>      UserState
>      Dos Execute call

Of course, the obvious question is:

How do we get a copy of the new SetPatch?  How is Commodore planning to
distribute it?

--
Michael Portuesi * Information Technology Center * Carnegie Mellon University
INET: mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu * BITNET: mp1u+@andrew

"Some say that knowledge is something that you never have" -- K. Bush

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (04/12/89)

In article <6590@cbmvax.UUCP> andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) writes:
>In article <14572@gryphon.COM> dennya@pnet02.cts.com (Denny Atkin) writes:
>>CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
>>to the program:
>>
>>     Trackdisk
>>     UserState
>>     Dos Execute call
>>
>>However, the new release was sent out without an accompanying .DOC file.  I
>>was just curious...  Exactly which bugs are fixed in this new release?
>
>Since I haven't released it for posting *anywhere* as yet, there is
>no doc file included.
>
>			andy
>--
>andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
>Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

I just pulled the "new" setpatch off of a bulliten board.

After reading the above, I guess it's probably not a good idea
to use it???

    "This isn't Heaven, this is Cleveland!!!!"

                          Dave Lowrey
                          Amdahl Corp.
                          Houston, Texas
                          (713)-850-8828
                         ...!{ames,sun,decwrl,uunet,....}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (04/12/89)

In article <6590@cbmvax.UUCP> andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) writes:

>>CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
>>to the program:
>>
>>	[deleted]
>>     Dos Execute call
>
>Since I haven't released it for posting *anywhere* as yet, there is
>no doc file included.

Ok, but what did you fix about Execute() ? The return code ?

P.S. Amiga World spelled your name wrong.

--
       ``Parents who have children, have children who have children''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (04/12/89)

In article <14572@gryphon.COM> dennya@pnet02.cts.com (Denny Atkin) writes:
>CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
>to the program:

OK, I give up.  How does one find out about such things?  How does one get
the updates?  Does CBM actually *use* the registration forms that we're
we're supposed to send in when we get 1.3 :-o
--
Tony Sumrall acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

In article <780@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com> acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) writes:
>In article <14572@gryphon.COM> dennya@pnet02.cts.com (Denny Atkin) writes:
>>CBM recently released SetPatch_1.32, which added the following "bug fixes"
>>to the program:
>
>OK, I give up.  How does one find out about such things?  How does one get
>the updates?  Does CBM actually *use* the registration forms that we're
>we're supposed to send in when we get 1.3 :-o

	To restate: we DIDN'T release it.  We don't know where it came from.
We don't know if it's a real copy of SetPatch (though it probably is, assuming
the person who posted it didn't modify it by, say, adding a virus).

	Take more precautions, especially with bulletin boards.

	BTW, if someone knows where it came from, I'd like to know...

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (04/16/89)

From article <6596@cbmvax.UUCP:, by jesup@cbmvax.UUCP (Randell Jesup):
:
: 	To restate: we DIDN'T release it.  We don't know where it came from.
: We don't know if it's a real copy of SetPatch (though it probably is, assuming
: the person who posted it didn't modify it by, say, adding a virus).
:
: 	Take more precautions, especially with bulletin boards.
:
: 	BTW, if someone knows where it came from, I'd like to know...

	In talking to the person who posted it to PLink, he stated that he'd
taken it off of the new Workbench disk that he'd received with his 2500...
His 2500 has the new rev 6 mother board (One meg of chip mem...) and the
Workbench version is 34.21...

: --
: Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup
--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent.UUCP!blowpig!billsey