[comp.sys.amiga] The Doctor and the Amiga.

rgj@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Randy Jouett) (04/18/89)

	Well, I just had this really weird idea, folks, and I was wondering
if someone out there might find the time to see it through. Here is my
demented (as usual :)) thought....

	Could someone out there in Netland *PLEASE* install a sampling of
the Doctor's Tardis phasing in/out in Dmouse? I would really love hearing
this sound when my mouse pointer -- which should look like the Tardis --
blanks/unblanks :). Oh, by the way.....this should be a selectable option
(it could drive you mad after a few hours :) ), stored as an 8SVX so other
sounds can be imported, and loaded at installation from either "s:mouse.snd"
(default?) or any given path supplied as an argument.

	If someone could find the time (pun intended :) ) to put The Doctor
into my computer, I would be forever greatful! If not, then you people will
just have to wait until a can find the time and do it myself. I totally
realize that if you want something done, then do it yourself; however, the
idea will hopefully have merit amoung Amiga "Whovians" and someone will see
that it becomes a reality.

Randy

eberger@godot.psc.edu (Ed Berger) (04/18/89)

In article <7877@killer.Dallas.TX.US> rgj@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Randy Jouett) writes:

>	Could someone out there in Netland *PLEASE* install a sampling of
>the Doctor's Tardis phasing in/out in Dmouse? I would really love hearing
>this sound when my mouse pointer -- which should look like the Tardis --
>blanks/unblanks :). Oh, by the way.....this should be a selectable option

Of course, you should also modify that screen hack with the robot chasing your
'Tardis' to be a Dalek....

Not too long ago, the local PBS affiliate showed the TV version of "The
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" I wouldn't mind someone making a nice
desk accessory like that to keep with my clock and calculator... It could
be kind of useful to look up babelfish, when I'm programming...