[comp.sys.amiga] Slow Hardcard

bncox@sactoh0.UUCP (Brian N. Cox) (04/22/89)

In article <82399RSK100@PSUVM>, RSK100@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> Does anyone have experience using a PLUS hardcard on the Bridgeboard or Sidecar
> ? I've tried both the 20 & 40 on My sidecar & a bridegboard and both of them ha
> ve Dperf times of 9 k/sec on the Amiga partition.. ANy ideas?

I'm goign to assume that the IBM partition works at full speed.
Given that condition, it isn't your HD that has a problem.  It's
simply the speed of the AMIGA bus between IBM and AMIGA.  My 10MEG
hardcard (not a PLUS but don't think that's important) works with
the same problem.  It's not a major problem, unless you have a
program that uses alot of disk access from you AMIGA.  I've heard
that the problem can be fixed by formatting your AMIGA partition
with the FastFileSystem, but don't really know and I haven't tried
it.  As a result I take no responsibility for what it does to your
hard drive.  It is something to look into though.  Good Luck.

--
*   SAC UNIX= Sacrmaneto, CA       ///   **************************
*       User= Brian Cox           ///    *  When all else fails,  *