[comp.sys.amiga] Supra A1000 SCSI Host Adaptor - Adeptec 4000

mohar@ida.org (Mike Mohar) (04/20/89)

HELP! Does anybody have the following setup on their A1000?

A1000 with SUPRA A1000 SCSI host adaptor connected to an
Adaptec ACB4000 SCSI interface?  I just bought the Supra
and when I try to run Supraformat it comes back stating
"hard disk controller does not support scsi command mode".

I'm using Supra's cable and their connector card.

Mike Mohar - mohar@ida.org

douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee) (04/24/89)

In article <899@csed-37.IDA.ORG> mohar@ida.org (Mike Mohar) writes:
>A1000 with SUPRA A1000 SCSI host adaptor connected to an
>Adaptec ACB4000 SCSI interface?  I just bought the Supra
>and when I try to run Supraformat it comes back stating
>"hard disk controller does not support scsi command
I have had the same problem on the same setup using version 5.1
software. If you format using an older version such as 2.5 and
then use their utility Supraconvert to update it to the latest
format, it should then work with Supramount5.1 I also have version
4.? which may be more useful in this regard than 2.5. There are
DEFINITE problems with 5.1 not being able to work on it's own.
There is also a newer version which I don't yet have. It is
supposed to support the MountList which would eliminate the necessity
of using supramount entirely. I have tried using MountLists with
5.1 and while it works, it crashes a lot. Once you get it to work,
the 5.1 software seems very solid providing you use SupraMount.

				 <<<Doug Lee>>>