[comp.sys.amiga] Don't mix the Paint with HD.. Its Guru time!

manes@cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (04/24/89)

Deluxe Paint III, nice program, guru's if your paths are too long...

Well, being the happy (300k per sec) GVP owner, and also being the
happy (??) owner of Deluxe Paint III, I installed the beastie this
last weekend.  All went well, and overall I was very impressed with this
upgrade to my favorite paint program.  Then it hit me, like a nightmare
from hell.....

First, the beginning:

I installed the beast under dh0:graphics/DpaintIII.  This worked fine,
I also put lo-res, hi-res, med-res and brush in the same directory.  So
I had a tree that looked like this.

dh0:graphics/DpaintIII    <--- Where the Dpaint program lived
dh0:graphics/DpaintIII/lo-res  <-  home of those lo-res pictures
dh0:graphics/DpaintIII/med-res                   med-res
dh0:graphics/DpaintIII/hi-res                    hi-res

This worked ok.  I was pleased.  I began to draw some clip art for
PageStream v1.6 (better than 1.5 by a long shot), and was trying to
save the graphic in the directory:

dh0:applications/Desktop publishing/Pagestream/PSGraphics, it saved the
file alright, but after it closed the requester, it was Software Failure
time.

I *really* wish that programs that are supposedly good to be used on
hard disks were really good to use. :-)

-mark=

Mark D. Manes                                          "In Amiga We Trust"
Programmer of Fortune, have compiler will travel

"Only Amiga makes it Possible, but with 1 meg its hell!"

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (04/26/89)

In article <8610@xanth.cs.odu.edu>, manes@cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) writes:
> Deluxe Paint III, nice program, guru's if your paths are too long...

> dh0:applications/Desktop publishing/Pagestream/PSGraphics, it saved the
> file alright, but after it closed the requester, it was Software Failure
> time.

DPaint III, right?  Sheesh!  You'd think from the notoriety DP2 had gained by
virtue of this "feature," Electronic Arts would have taken it out by now.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl  | "Nobody hipped me to that, dude." -- Pee Wee
-- Usenet BBS (713) 438-5018