[comp.sys.amiga] When is comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga coming back on line?

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (04/24/89)

Well? I saw no posting saying "we're not moderating anymore", and I've
seen several postings saying "I just submitted this to the amiga
sources/binaries group; look for it soon".

I would like to know what is going on, and why there are dead periods
of several months during which people claim they have submitted
things, and why we get no status reports.

Sean

--
***  Sean Casey                         sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet
***  What, me worry?                    {backbone|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean

dillon@POSTGRES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (04/24/89)

:
:I would like to know what is going on, and why there are dead periods
:of several months during which people claim they have submitted
:things, and why we get no status reports.
:
:Sean

	I dunno about other things, but there were some last minute things
I wanted to add to DNet which is why the moderator hasn't received it yet...

				-Matt

crash@jc3b21.UUCP (Frank J. Edwards) (04/24/89)

From article <8904240605.AA18878@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>, by dillon@POSTGRES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon):
> :Well? I saw no posting saying "we're not moderating anymore", and I've
> :seen several postings saying "I just submitted this to the amiga
> :sources/binaries group; look for it soon".
> :
> :I would like to know what is going on, and why there are dead periods
> :of several months during which people claim they have submitted
> :things, and why we get no status reports.
> :
> :Sean
>
> 	I dunno about other things, but there were some last minute things
> I wanted to add to DNet which is why the moderator hasn't received it yet...
>
> 				-Matt

This is the first I've seen of someone else saying that they haven't been
getting those two groups either.  But my situation, I think, is that the
site which feeds this one has been stripping those groups (Ugh! :-]

Is there perhaps another group where that stuff could be cross-posted?
Or perhaps the moderator could arrange a mailing-list?  In fact, that
would be even better since disk space on this machine is at a premium
and requires the SA to expire every day or two, so when I'm outta town
on business for 3 or 4 days I miss things!!

Matt:  will post an announcement when you're ready to send DNet to
comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga ??  That way I'll know to be on the
lookout for it (I'm waiting with baited breath).

Thanks
Frank "Crash" Edwards
...!uunet!pdn!jc3b21!crash

page%rishathra@Sun.COM (Bob Page) (04/25/89)

I'm here, I'll be posting RSN.  Turns out after the move and change of
jobs, I had to rebuild all my posting tools (I no longer have a
VAXstation on my desk), and I had some trouble with the shar package I
was using (I lost the source), so I wrote a new one last week.

>:I would like to know [...] why there are dead periods of several months

I say hang the moderator!  Actually I should have posted some status
reports; sorry.

dillon@POSTGRES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) wrote:
>	I dunno about other things, but there were some last minute things
>I wanted to add to DNet which is why the moderator hasn't received it yet...

This happens pretty often, actually.  Sometimes I send the submission
back because it is corrupted, or isn't complete, or some other reason.
I hate seeing "I just submitted it so the moderator" because *those*
are usually the ones I have to return, or I get an update a few hours
later (then another one a day later, then another one after that, etc).

Anwyay, good things are coming your way soon.  Like today.

..bob
Bob Page    page@sun.com    sun!page    415/336-2745

rich@sendai.sendai.ann-arbor.mi.us (K. Richard Magill) (04/26/89)

In article <11578@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:

   Well? I saw no posting saying "we're not moderating anymore", and I've
   seen several postings saying "I just submitted this to the amiga
   sources/binaries group; look for it soon".

And here I was just going to ask why news.lists thought they were
non-existant.  Is anyone getting these regularly?  All indications I
have show them dead.  What's the story?
--
rich.

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/26/89)

In article <639@jc3b21.UUCP>, crash@jc3b21 (Frank J. Edwards) writes:
>would be even better since disk space on this machine is at a premium
>and requires the SA to expire every day or two, so when I'm outta town
>on business for 3 or 4 days I miss things!!

Your SA can put an entry in your machine's sys file to have
comp.sources.amiga and comp.binaries.amiga postings mailed to you
automatically.  This won't help you if some site upstream is filtering
out those groups, but would help during those ``business trips''.

Of course, if your SA doesn't want to ``waste'' disk space on those
groups already, he might not be receptive to the idea of having it
linger in your mailbox, either...

Just an idea...

	...tad