[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 memory blues & financial software

jcrowe@shaffer.UUCP (Joe Crowe) (04/24/89)

    I am in dire need of some information about the Access Associates Allegra
memory expansion for the Amiga 1000.  To wit, I now have it populated with
256K bit DRAMs and want to replace them with 1 Megabit DRAMs.  However, I don't
know the proper part numbers, speed and so forth.  Only that they will be 18
pin dips.

    The second subject is actually a request for information on personal
financial packages for the Amiga.  I realize that this tends to be the type
of thing one would own a (shudder :^) PC clone for but I can't really justify
one for just such applications.  Thanks in advance for the info.

J. Crowe

I didn't express any opinions and I don't really have a company

In article <2151@shaffer.UUCP> jcrowe@shaffer.UUCP (Joe Crowe) writes:
>    The second subject is actually a request for information on personal
>financial packages for the Amiga.  I realize that this tends to be the type
>of thing one would own a (shudder :^) PC clone for but I can't really justify
>one for just such applications.  Thanks in advance for the info.

I just received a one page description of the "Security Analyst", a stock
charting and analysis program.  It lists for $79.95 (but you can find it
in Amigaword for $49). It is distributed by:

Free Spirit Software
P.O. Box 128
58 Noble Street
Kutztown, PA 19530
(215)683-5609

I have not seen this package, but it seems to be the only one in its category
for the Amiga (as seen in the Amazing Computing Amiga software listing).
[to avoid the "wrath of jimm", this reply is sent only to comp.sys.amiga :-)]

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
 "There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Diga!" -- Leo Schwab [quoting Rick Unland]

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (04/27/89)

Joe

>    The second subject is actually a request for information on personal
>financial packages for the Amiga.  I realize that this tends to be the type

Well - while it may not be a, "financial package" as in figuring loan
amortizations and such, I recommend, "Tax Break", by Oxxi.

It can be used for doing taxes (I know it's past the Dread day in April),
but it can also be used to plan 1989 taxes.

It is a good package, but REALLY like 1 Meg. of RAM.

Dave S.