[comp.sys.amiga] LUCAS BOARD AND MEMORY

hbit@PacBell.COM (Henry Bitter) (04/27/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.tech
Subject: LUCAS Problems with expansion memory

Date: 22 Apr 89 00:26:49 GMT
Sender: daemon@watdragon.waterloo.edu

>Myself and a friend are having trouble getting our LUCAS boards to work
>with expansion memory.  He owns a starboard, I own a "rambo 2" (an
>autoconfig, external, 2 meg memory box made by a company no longer in
>business).  We have tried various 74xxx74's for U9 and U8 (including
>the two chip hybrids) and have built bus terminators, but to no avail.
>Both our systems freeze just prior to putting up the picture of the
>hand holding the workbench disk.

>...Kevin Schlueter...
>Dept. of Computer Science / Computer Graphics Lab
>University of Waterloo

Just wanted to let you know you are the only one having this same problem.
I have a Pacific Cypress (now Pacific Periferals) memory board that does
the same thing. The Lucas board works great with 512k and the operation
with my CLtd SCSI is somewhat flacky but it will come up every time.
The minute I attach the memory, no workbench requestor. If any one
can help with a suggestion *PLEASE POST*

Henry Bitter

* Pacific Bell  *         (415) 823-2836
San Ramon, Calif.
{ }!pacbell!pbhya!hbit

If I had a disclaimer I wouldn't give it away !