[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 1000 memory expansion possiblities.

BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin,) (04/25/89)

Hi,

I currently have an Amiga 1000 with 512K ( I can hear my friend with
the 2000 laughing in the background ) and am considering upgrading to
atleast 2megs. (if you're gonna do it, do it with a bang huh?)  I'd like
to hear from people with 2 meg memory on their 1000's and what if any
problems they are experiencing.  Also I'd like to hear about any
incompatibilities with any software/hardware (lucas board for example).

All info will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot, folks.
Bin

hbit@PacBell.COM (Henry Bitter) (04/27/89)

In article <13967@louie.udel.EDU>, BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin,) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have an Amiga 1000 with 512K ( I can hear my friend with
> the 2000 laughing in the background ) and am considering upgrading to
> atleast 2megs. (if you're gonna do it, do it with a bang huh?)  I'd like
> to hear from people with 2 meg memory on their 1000's and what if any
> problems they are experiencing.  Also I'd like to hear about any
> incompatibilities with any software/hardware (lucas board for example).
>
> All info will be appreciated.
> Thanks a lot, folks.
> Bin

You may have read my other posting but be aware that the LUCAS board has
many memory boards it has not worked with. My Pacicic Periferals is one
example. Until we get some help and find out the cause almost any memory
board is liable not to work even if it is the same brand as someone elses
that does work.

Henry Bitter

* Pacific Bell  *         (415) 823-2836
San Ramon, Calif.
{ }!pacbell!pbhya!hbit

If I had a disclaimer I wouldn't give it away !

FAUSETT@tops20.radc.af.mil (04/27/89)

Speaking of memory expansions for the '1000; are there any that use
Mac/PC style SIMMS.  I've got a feeling that when 1meg chips *FINALLY*
get to a reasonable price, 256K SIMMS are going to become VERY
availible from Mac & PC owners who upgrade their machines (leaving
behind 256K SIMMS which they can't use..) at very reasonable prices.

Mark (fausett@tops20.radc.af.mil)

#include <disclaimer.h>
-------