[comp.sys.amiga] VLT tektronix emulation

mjw@cs.cmu.edu (Michael Witbrock) (04/25/89)

I run VLT from home to log in to campus. It's really good; it doesn't reboot my
machine after kermit like vt100 used to
BUT
I have a 19 200 baud mcn connection from home, and when I use the tektronix
emulation at this speed, spurious lines go everywhere.
I wonder whether just a little more speed can be got out of it (or it could send
xon xoffs or something - it seems not to at the moment).

It's a really nice tek emulation, and the stuff it does draw correctly happens
faster than xterm running on my workstation.

Michael J Witbrock                        /
School of Computer Science               /
Carnegie Mellon University              /\
Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890 U.S.A         /  \

chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) (04/27/89)

)
)It's a really nice tek emulation, and the stuff it does draw correctly happens
)faster than xterm running on my workstation.

I forwarded this message to Willy Langeveld (WGLP09@SLACVM.BITNET), whose
response is to Michael is below.  I am taking the liberty of posting it here,
instead of mailing it to Michael, because I thought it might be of wider
interest.

From:        WGLP09@SLACVM.BITNET
To:          PH274CC@GITNVE2.GATECH.EDU
Subject:     Re: VLT (forwarded message)