[comp.sys.amiga] C.Ltd. and Syquest

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (04/28/89)

	In case anybody is interested in removable media drives (there is a
nice article in this month's INFO magazine, btw...), here is some recent
information.  C.Ltd.  carries the Konika 10-megabyte 5.25" floppy drive.
When I asked why, they said they had trouble getting them in.

	They have been replaced by the Syquist 44-meg removable cartridge
drive, running about $1150 with case, power supply, cables, and 1 cartridge.
(More $$ for the controller, of course.)  Cartridges cost $120.  Average
access time is 28ms. You can run FFS on them, but you have to type
"DiskChange" every time you change a cartridge.  Supposedly, they are working
on "new software" so this is not necessary.
--
# Dan Barrett	barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPANET             #
#		ins_adjb@jhuvms.bitnet			BITNET              #

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (04/28/89)

In article <1616@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) writes:
>access time is 28ms. You can run FFS on them, but you have to type
>"DiskChange" every time you change a cartridge.  Supposedly, they are working
>on "new software" so this is not necessary.

I think GVP has drivers that will do this for you.