[comp.sys.amiga] Bible

bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Amiga 1000) (04/22/89)

  Computer Direct has a BBS which claims to have the entire Bible online.
Their number is 312-382-3270.  This is in the Chicago area, so it will be a
toll call for most people.

dleigh@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Darren Leigh) (04/25/89)

In article <1062@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Amiga 1000) writes:

>  Computer Direct has a BBS which claims to have the entire Bible online.
>Their number is 312-382-3270.  This is in the Chicago area, so it will be a
>toll call for most people.

Bleah!  Downloading ~5 megabytes via a long distance phone connection
is not my idea of fun.  I have the entire KJV on tape.  If anyone is
desperate they could probably mail me a tape with a postpaid return
mailer and I'll copy it for them.  Tared and compressed, the bible is
still about 1.7 Megs (even longer if you don't compress the whole
thing as a unit) so I'd really rather not deal with floppies.  Posting
it is out of the question.

If you're going to send me a tape, or want a copy via some other
format, send me e-mail first and we'll discuss it.

========
Darren Leigh -- I speak for myself, not the company.
Internet:  dleigh@hplabs.hp.com
UUCP:      hplabs!dleigh

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (04/26/89)

In article <3257@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM> dleigh@hplabsz.UUCP (Darren Leigh) writes:
>In article <1062@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Amiga 1000) writes:
>>  Computer Direct has a BBS which claims to have the entire Bible online.

>Bleah!  Downloading ~5 megabytes via a long distance phone connection
>is not my idea of fun.  I have the entire KJV on tape.  If anyone is

Really.  It'd almost be faster to type it in.  :-)

I have the KJV bible on three Amiga floppies.  (compressed using ARC)
It's formatted to 40 columns (strike one) and it's King James (strike
two).  But if you want it, send me email, we'll work something out.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (04/29/89)

In article <1062@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Amiga 1000) writes:

>  Computer Direct has a BBS which claims to have the entire Bible online.
>Their number is 312-382-3270.  This is in the Chicago area, so it will be a
>toll call for most people.

My club library has three versions of the Bible.  One is the original King
James Version of the text only - and was originally typed into a Commodore
PET by some students in an English university.  The second is the Revised
Standard Version.  The third, and more interesting one, is called "Divine
Intervention".  This one has the King James text, with optional red letters
and italics, and also has a search facility.  This one came from a club
member who works with the author.  I started to upload at least one of
these to CompuServe's AmigaArts libraries, but have grown lazy - only
Genesis and Exodus of the first version got there.

Betty

Betty Clay
.........killer\!pollux\!bjc
CompuServe: 76702,337