[comp.sys.amiga] New 1 meg chip

mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) (05/01/89)

I was just at my local Amiga dealer (Winners Circle Systems) and they told me
that the new "Fat (fatter, fattest, obese, Rosanne Barr:-)) Agnes" would cost
around $175.00.  Should I get it for my A500?  Is it worth it?  Should I just
hold off for a while and get a 2000?  Will it make Amax more compatible with
the Mac world?  What's a poor college student to do?

-Evan

jeh@elmgate.UUCP (Ed J Hanway CUST) (05/02/89)

In article <28997@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
>that the new "Fat (fatter, fattest, obese, Rosanne Barr:-)) Agnes" would cost
>around $175.00.  Should I get it for my A500?  Is it worth it?  Should I just

Does anybody know if there will be any kind of trade-in period? I just bought
a 2000 within the past week which has the "old" 512K chip ram Agnes and I'm
going to be really pissed if it costs me this much to upgrade when apparently
2500's are shipping right now with the new 1 meg chip.

Did I get screwed with an old 512K machine here?

--
Ed Hanway
Eastman Kodak Company	       ...{cornell,rutgers}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jeh