[comp.sys.amiga] Broken HD?

thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) (05/01/89)

Well, I don't know about a GVP, but guru 2F means some did a
TRAP #$F, and guru B means someone executed an instruction with
opcode $Fxxx.  Maybe it's something in you STARTUP-SEQUENCE...

John
-------
John A. Thywissen                 <thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu>
1122 West Campus Rd.  Rm. 213     Senior, University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS  66045-8081              Dept. of Computer Science
(913) 864 2646                    Amiga Developer/Guru

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (05/02/89)

In article <14339@louie.udel.EDU> thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) writes:
>Well, I don't know about a GVP, but guru 2F means some did a
>TRAP #$F, and guru B means someone executed an instruction with
>opcode $Fxxx.  Maybe it's something in you STARTUP-SEQUENCE...

I've narrowed it down to a problem in the memory board (one of the 1 MEGx8
chips was bad) - it's been repaired/replaced and is better now - anyone want
to buy a 1 Meg Amiga 500 with an external drive for $500?
I need the money for a 2500, so...

| John A. Dutka     | "No matter how big a straw, you can't suck water up    |
| Box 2308          |  more than 34 feet."                                   |
| 100 Institute Rd. |      -A PROFESSOR WHO WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS.      |
| Worcester, MA 01609-2280 | jdutka@wpi.bitnet  |  jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu        |