[comp.sys.amiga] Re^2: Request for 1.4

mlelstv@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (05/02/89)

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:

>Of course, another option would be to have an option that would say,
>"use xxx as swap space" so that you could use DH0:, etc as swap.

I have built a small harddisk partition named DSK: that is as large as a disk
i.e. 80 cylinders, 2 surfaces, 11 sectors per track.
It needs some calculation to match this on physical tracks.

Then I say

DiskCopy DF0: to DSK:
and
DiskCopy DSK: to DF0:

This is nearly as fast as a dual drive copy. There is additional time used
for loading DiskCopy twice and for workbench to grab the disk icons (8 secs).

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!faui45!mlelstv