[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga-compatible Bible?

srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) (04/21/89)

in article <4611@okstate.UUCP>, bem@a.cs.okstate.edu (Blayne Mayfield) says:
] Does anyone out there know if there are any Bible study/xref/concordance
] packages available for the Amiga?  If so, please let me know where I could
] find them.
] If there are no such packages for the Amiga, how about text files that contain
] the entire contents of the Bible and could be transferred over to the Amiga?

If you've got a CompuServe account, portions (I'm not sure if it's *all* there)
of it are available in the AmigaForums there.  I haven't seen it anywhere else.

srp

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (05/02/89)

In article <154@modcomp.UUCP> srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:
>in article <4611@okstate.UUCP>, bem@a.cs.okstate.edu (Blayne Mayfield) says:
>] If there are no such packages for the Amiga, how about text files that contain
>] the entire contents of the Bible and could be transferred over to the Amiga?
>
>If you've got a CompuServe account, portions (I'm not sure if it's *all* there)
>of it are available in the AmigaForums there.  I haven't seen it anywhere else.

A couple of years ago someone sent me about a dozen disks that are supposed to
contain a machine readable version of the Bible.  I don't recall the details,
so it may not be a complete version.

I never did anything with it since I wasn't sure about it's status (PD, Freely
Redistributable, etc), and I didn't figure the interest level would be that
high.  It just didn't seem like the kind of material that has traditionally
been part of my library.  I'm sure I still have the disks around here
somewhere though.

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf