[comp.sys.amiga] another annoying thing about comp.binaries.amiga

jwz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Jamie Zawinski) (05/01/89)

Lack of doc files.  For example: recently a game called "wander" was posted
to comp.binaries.amiga.  It was in four parts, which were to be combined to
make a uuencoded zoo file.  Now, I've never heard of this game.  I might
like this game.  But I'll never know, because I'm just not willing to spend
the hour or more to download it to get to the readme file.

So I really wish postings there were accompanied by a brief description.

	-- Jamie

In <4863@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, jwz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Jamie Zawinski) writes:
>Lack of doc files.  For example: recently a game called "wander" was posted
>to comp.binaries.amiga.  It was in four parts, which were to be combined to
>make a uuencoded zoo file.  Now, I've never heard of this game.  I might
>like this game.

>  But I'll never know, because I'm just not willing to spend
>the hour or more to download it to get to the readme file.

Then I guess you will never know. Ever think of looking at the source that was
also posted? Ever think about asking any of those Unix whizzes that abound at
Cornell? Ever think about asking the net?

You have nothing better to do than to watch the modem lights while it
downloads? Can't remember you are on a multitasking machine? No chores to do
around the house? Being unwilling to spend an hour or more to download it is
fine. Just think though, about the hour or more spent by the various people who
brought you the file in the first place, spent interactively, for _YOUR_
benefit.

>So I really wish postings there were accompanied by a brief description.

I really wish folks would spend less time whining about things and spend more
time contemplating the joy of living in a world where there are people willing
to put in a lot of time and effort to spread information to those who, with a
few exceptions, appreciate it.

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.

mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) (05/04/89)

In article <4863@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, jwz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Jamie Zawinski) writes:

> Lack of doc files.

> So I really wish postings there were accompanied by a brief description.

Even just a short description  in the section above ---cut here---!!!

--
Mark Bailey, Integral Systems Inc.         (301) 731-4233
5000 Philadelphia Way   Suite A            via:  ...!uunet!pyrdc!isi!mark